Need option to increase text size

Topgun505

With 2k and 4k monitors in widespread use these days ... the on-screen text can get really difficult to read. The radio communications window and the multiplayer chat windows in particular.

It would be nice if DCS either autoscaled the fonts as it relates to the chosen resolution, or ... better yet ... just give the user the option to change the font size for himself in the gui interface (so he doesn't have to be messing with the lua code). Maytbe give the option change font color as well (the blue font in the multiplayer screen can be devilishly hard to read ... and when you combine it with tiny font on a high res screen it becomes impossible).

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

With 2k and 4k monitors in widespread use these days ... the on-screen text can get really difficult to read. The radio communications window and the multiplayer chat windows in particular.

It would be nice if DCS either autoscaled the fonts as it relates to the chosen resolution, or ... better yet ... just give the user the option to change the font size for himself in the gui interface (so he doesn't have to be messing with the lua code). Maytbe give the option change font color as well (the blue font in the multiplayer screen can be devilishly hard to read ... and when you combine it with tiny font on a high res screen it becomes impossible).

I'll second that particularly colour change options. Old farts like me have more and more troubles with colour and text size. Maybe even some of the younger guns as well:)

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

This has been brought up so often now I still wonder why nothing happened. Scale GUI does absolutely nothing BTW. At least on a 1920 screen.

OP was asking about 2k and 4k screens. 1920 is just below 2k according to https://www.tomshardware.com/news/2k-definition,37641.html

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

For bigger text I use this Mod by Snacko, it works very well: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220691

GgcvLEV.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB