INS always aligned and Mission 2 (and maybe others)

lemoen

I flew mission 2 last night. My M2000 was set to always have INS aligned. Took off, got to the place where the flight breaks up to perform their tasks. I noticed that my waypoints as shown by the INS was offset by probably 10nm to the north compared to what the kneeboard shows. I flew around for prob 20mins thinking I'm doing my job and only when I ventured to the where the kneeboard shows the waypoints, did the tasking actually start. I wasted a lot of fuel by then so I flew into the container for fun ;-)

Either way, I assume we have to disable "INS always aligned" along with Easy Comms?

I flew mission 2 last night. My M2000 was set to always have INS aligned. Took off, got to the place where the flight breaks up to perform their tasks. I noticed that my waypoints as shown by the INS was offset by probably 10nm to the north compared to what the kneeboard shows. I flew around for prob 20mins thinking I'm doing my job and only when I ventured to the where the kneeboard shows the waypoints, did the tasking actually start. I wasted a lot of fuel by then so I flew into the container for fun ;-)

Either way, I assume we have to disable "INS always aligned" along with Easy Comms?

Hey,

In principlr yes, I will check though if the missions enforce it. But with the time you spend on the ground waiting for the others to take off it shouldn’t be a problem.

By the way, did the container warning message work? I could have forgotten to add it to one of the first missions..

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey,

In principlr yes, I will check though if the missions enforce it. But with the time you spend on the ground waiting for the others to take off it shouldn’t be a problem.

By the way, did the container warning message work? I could have forgotten to add it to one of the first missions..

Yes it did. I’ll try it again tonight and align the INS manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a 75% result no idea why. Did all the tasking and followed the F4 many minutes in his 6 until told to disengage.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 7 months later...

Done MSN01, and yesterday also MSN02. Manual alignment take more time than you have before time to taxi. I had to switch to NAV before fully aligned.

Also little bit confused, how in this campaign the airport QNH and standard QNE values are used.

Last page of pdf doc with map is .... I would love to se more detailed one, with correct waypoints position and numbers (heading/range/alts) something like CombatFlite can export now. Also major Geographical marks would be nice to have here. Also the description of these Geomarks in pdf doc would be nice to have. In case of I forgotten what is where, now I have to fly msn02 again, cause it is said only there.

In mission I noticed few things. When in chase combat with F-4, I had plenty of fuel. So how to end this duel? By flying on burner and call Bingo...which I have done even when I was not Bingo. But because my hand hurts after 10 minutes of turn fight. So I was directed to RTB. But than still in F10 comm menu was NOJOY(lost sight) call available. So during bugout maneuver (whem I lost sight on F-4) I click on that, which I believe cost me 10 mission score. This call need to be deleted after I choose the Bingo call. Same thing was than with the Bingo call, which was available till I exit the mission. I was very uncertain, if something else is wrong with mission or if is it OK. When on ramp, I was watching flight of AWACS, which was trying to smash into mountain ridge.

Over all (with regard to pdf doc info), I still have semi feelings. But I have bought this Campaign in discount, so with that on my mind, Im quite happy.

Hey Sabre,

I have flown first two missions and looking forward to the third (if all goes well tonight, I hope to learn something more about A-A in which I still utterly suck).

Very nice intro (mission 1), nice idea. Also great attention to details when it comes to documents, departures, arrivals, briefings etc.

Well done!

May be that is what Im missing in this campaign.

Edited by GumidekCZ

I disagree with regard to manual alignment time. If you do other things quick enough, you have plenty of time for manual alignment there.

QNH are used in US, that is why they are given in the campaign, for more realism. What is confusing about the system?

As for the waypoints - on the kneeboard all are listed, with correct altitudes, when necessary speeds and remarks. I see no point in cluttering the map with the same information, especially that it is pretty small by default (the briefing windows are 512 x 512 pixels. You can zoom in, but it still is rather difficult to read. In the kneeboard you cannot read it at all... And on top of that, for this mission you are mostly required to just follow the F-15.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that the documents are not good enough. I'd say this is the most complete set out there in the campaigns, including ATOs etc. But that is life, you can't satisfy everyone.

As for F-4 duel. You have to follow him to a certain point when you are told to break away. Why would you call Bingo if you had a lot of fuel? If you just broke the engagement you'd be left only with the F-10 NO JOY option once he left the fighting range.

As for AWACS... well, that's DCS AI, I have no control over what they do. And I assure you they can be pretty annoying, especially in this campaign where there are a lot of AI flights.

Oh, while we're on AI: if you continue, brace yourself for the fact that the AI wingmen will eject because they run out of fuel in some missions. Something I have no control over, and it will happen, especially if the fights take too long.

You're right about bingo F-10 option that should be removed, I'll do that.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

INS drift... Did you update your INS position?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• 1 month later...

So after playing the second mission I have to agree with the OP about the times. It is not realistic for a pilot to step 9 mins before taxi, especially if he knows it will take at least nine minutes to get the jet up and running. 30 mins is the standard before all flights. And yes I know from personal experience, I am a crew chief in the USAF. I know you don’t want to do 30 mins prior to taxi as that would be too much time sitting on the deck waiting for times. However if you extended the step time by 8 mins earlier than you would have, I believe, the right balance between realism and game mechanics. I know you don’t agree BD, and that 9 mins enough time, but it really isn’t enough time nor is realistic.

Edited by AMEDooley

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No I agree thirty mins is too long for the game. Like I said if you pushed back the step time by eight mins, than it would be almost perfect. So the second mission taxi time is 1609, start time is 1600. So just change the start time to 1552 and you’d nail it.

Thank you for responding though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]