Su-17M4 (SU-22) Full Fidelity Research for Dev Started

aw33com

No, I don't even know what those 3 are:

Applied aerodynamics

virtual blows

tube tests

Applied aerodynamics, practical aerodynamics - set of books describing aircraft aerodynamics, issued by the manufacturer.

I was talking about wind tunnel data and virtual wind tunnel software testing accurate CAD models- sorry wrong term used.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Oh ok, good information. Thanks. I will read up on that when I get there. For one I only do 1 thing at the time. I just want to finish this 3d model (external), then do cockpit. I'm not sure if you read my entire thread, I am brand new to 3d modeling, so this is only a concept.

I started doing the detail in the landing gear bay, but I don't think that is visible so I stopped.

In my Su-17 book I found a good pic of the wing light and what's inside, so I have to redo that part. After that the only thing I will have to do is the pylons and I'm done with the wings.

M3 wing had 1 small additional inlet/whole on the wing it seems and 17M had only 2 pylons. Other than that, everything was the same.

gear.png

Edited by aw33com

So this entire main landing gear has lots of parts. The bay door opens up into 3 different parts. I have the parts done, except the hydraulics for it. It seems the hydraulics for main landing gear and twisting of those 3 parts is kind of the same, or somehow combined. I need to find a very good video how this actually works, and how the entire thing opens up and closes.

This is how it is opened and closed:

fromto.png

My parts:

3.png

Closed:

closed.png

^ Yeah, I need tons of cockpit pictures of the following:

1. 17-M4 Polish Version (those I somehow have)

2. 17-M

3. 17-M3P (SEAD version)

4. 17-M3R (Reconnaissance version)

3. 17-M3 (Generic version, or something around Afghanistan war era)

^ Yeah, I need tons of cockpit pictures of the following:

1. 17-M4 Polish Version (those I somehow have)

2. 17-M

3. 17-M3P (SEAD version)

4. 17-M3R (Reconnaissance version)

3. 17-M3 (Generic version, or something around Afghanistan war era)

I'll see what I can find! :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out what I have. It's for the Su-17M4-K of a 1/48 physical model of decals, but I think it'll still work just fine.

fe855.jpg

The rest of these images are of the cockpit. (Google source depending! ;))

image022.jpg

image017.jpg

hermeskeil-sukhoi-su-22m4-cockpit-01.jpg

Images seem somewhat scarce on it. I know CubanAce was working on a project of the Su-17M4-K for DCS but has not been worked on since, I am unable to speak for him if he has any images on it still.

Many instruments, switches etc are standard across all the red birds of 3/4 generation. I wonder if its possible to reuse ED instruments, switches, dials, annunciators - especially from Su-27 and Su-25T. Only concern is Beryoza, as ED logic differs from the real thing.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I would love to reuse all functionality, but only if it matches that of Su-17. I'm only interested in an almost exact replication if possible.

I have about 50 pics of the M4 cockpit, but I need M3 and M cockpit pics. Those are super rare.

I also need M4 pics if you have access to the cockpit, because online pictures don't have every angle.

Thanks guys.

P.S. The right side of the cockpit pic is awesome.

More pics of the pylons. I'm basically 2 pylon attachments away from having it finished.

I'm trying to recreate the wing millimeter by millimeter so it takes time and I'm flying M2000 a lot lately, so work is moving slow.

Now that I did the wing I really started to appreciate this airplane. I think it was a masterpiece at Sukhoi.

pylonsss.png

• 4 weeks later...