Tips on Dogfighting at night? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #11
WelshZeCorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
It is not how the radar works. The radar is stabilized in a range of 70° to both sides in roll to the horizon. Whatever happens afterwards I do not know, but it will for sure not center itself in the opposite position.
Whether it does or does not, the Bison radar gets clogged with ground returns when it looks towards the ground, I doubt I'd be able to pick out the contact through all that.
WelshZeCorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #12
swatstar98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
It is not how the radar works. The radar is stabilized in a range of 70° to both sides in roll to the horizon. Whatever happens afterwards I do not know, but it will for sure not center itself in the opposite position.
You can still lock the contacts. you will not have SA but if you can block it you can kill it.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #13
swatstar98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshZeCorgi View Post
Whether it does or does not, the Bison radar gets clogged with ground returns when it looks towards the ground, I doubt I'd be able to pick out the contact through all that.
It depends on the altitude and attitude.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:38 PM   #14
pepin1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshZeCorgi View Post
How do you navigate? I get the rsbn and arc, but a lot of the target points are not by any of the stations. Like mission 3, it's in the middle of the mountains.
I use ARC when I am close to the hot area (look for the closest station in that area) and if I want more accurate position in low altitude where RSBN do not reach, then I ask to AWACS direction to Home Plate and then you will get your position respect your base.

About inverted in interception and radar. I guess you are intercepting in a climb, also I guess you use your radar only in this climb because your radar is for the last moment of the interception. At day time I use radar if it is too cloudy and when I carry R-3R. The use of the radar in day time is not always needed. Radar is for bad weather condition and night time. In dogfight only use R-60 missile.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:46 AM   #15
pepin1234

That mean 80% of your interception flight is low altitude and 20-25% climb to the target with only this climb moment radar on

The person do different than that, don’t know how use Mig-21

Last edited by pepin1234; 09-13-2019 at 03:55 AM.
pepin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote