[CHECKING] Units disappear at 3km

some1

Or to be more precise, they turn into single pixel dot. Only heavy armor units are not affected.

Modern DCS vehicles don't have such awesome cloaking devices

fx9AoMj.jpg

Now you see them all:

WFsRycI.jpg

Now you don't:

gIw7M2v.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here’s a thread from almost a year ago with similar issues. There are some good suggestions for increasing visibility distances that might be useful here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209771&page=4

It sucks that ED keeps making things like this intentionally worse and we have to come up with the fixes for this shit. Getting tired of it honestly.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 1 month later...

BUMP

I just discovered this too. I took the FW-190D9 for a ride and tried to do some AG stuff and noticed that the WW2 asset pack units disapeared(not tanks?) very quickly while normal DCS ground units are visible from far away compared to the asset pack units.

pic 1 - ww2 units visible

pic 2 - now they are gone

pic 3 - ordinary Kamaz trucks

EDIT:

ED could you please fix this? :beer:

This is a realy game stopper for me as most of the time i do AG stuff and was hoping to do some of this in the upcoming FW-190A8. It's a long time ago i flew ww2 planes, helicopter and jets are my most used modules in DCS.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Well all ground units, modern and WW2, now seem to disappear at 3km or so. Something wrong with the LOD rendering? This is in the latest OB. Or are my current settings perhaps causing this somehow?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 3 months later...
Still seeing this issue after the draw distance improvements?

If someone has that original mission from the 1st post could you share, if not I will throw one together myself.

I don't have the mission, but I just want to say that I really appreciate this is getting checked (and bump the thread by doing so) :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Still seeing this issue after the draw distance improvements?

If someone has that original mission from the 1st post could you share, if not I will throw one together myself.

Opel Blitz still disappears, other vehicles seem to be fixed. Mission below.

unitsBlue.miz

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro