DCS Visrtual Cockpit for Android (iControl DCS)

boarder2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
Hi , I need only the UFC on screen , you can achieve?

Currently, no but it's something that will probably be added in the next update though I can't give any time frame on when that's coming.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• 2 weeks later...
Hi , I need only the UFC on screen , you can achieve?

FYI, an update went out yesterday that adds a UFC only view. Enjoy!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Just released an update to the android app that should bring the live MFCD and CDU performance up to par with the iOS app.

This will likely be a GIGANTIC performance increase for just about everyone. Note that this will also likely dramatically increase the WiFi usage from where it was before. I am measuring in the neighborhood of 15Mbps now, so make sure you've got a strong WiFi connection!

Got more cool stuff cooking for the Android app that may set it apart from the iOS app a bit in a pretty awesome and unique way but that's a ways out and I felt this was too big to hold until then.

Happy flying!

Edited by boarder2

Does not work with Helios since both use export.lua so I get one or other

Then when I overwrote the export file now I can't uninstall since it says fine is missing. Can't reinstall or repair either

Wanted to love it but not there yet.

Does not work with Helios since both use export.lua so I get one or other

Then when I overwrote the export file now I can't uninstall since it says fine is missing. Can't reinstall or repair either

Wanted to love it but not there yet.

Should work with Helios I think unless it takes control over export.lua, which wouldn't be good. What does the export.lua look like when it doesn't work?

Not sure what you mean what does it look like...

Looks like a file

If I update death tough icon told my Helios won't work. If o update my DCS with Helios my control won't work

Can you open a ticket by going to https://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and clicking Support in the bottom left or sending an email to support@bit-shift.com

Sounds like Helios is probably taking over the file. I'll have you collect some debug info for me in the ticket.

So, here's a preview of what's to come in the next major version.

Custom views!

You'll be able to pick and choose what controls you want side by side and will be able to have as many views as you want. You'll be able to have a different layout for when the device is rotated portrait vs landscape as well.

Thoughts?

Nice one Boarder...I liked your app when it first came out, but I was having issues with it halving my frame rate. Did you ever manage to find out what was causing that? Were other users getting the issue too?

Are you planning on expanding this app to other modules such as the Mirage 2000?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

Nice one Boarder...I liked your app when it first came out, but I was having issues with it halving my frame rate. Did you ever manage to find out what was causing that? Were other users getting the issue too?

Are you planning on expanding this app to other modules such as the Mirage 2000?

You could try running the sim in Windowed mode to see if that affects your frame rate. That's what's required for me to be able to grab the MFCD and CDU exports and can occasionally cause the sim to run slower for some people but generally it's not a problem. Updated NVIDIA drivers may have fixed that issue for you.

I would like to support other aircraft, but it's low on the list of things to do at this point.

• 4 months later...

Hi Boarder,

I think about buying the CDU and also would like to have the UFC on the same screen. If I understood it right this is in the works like displayed in the youtube video. Any idea about a release date for this? I would need it immidiately :smilewink:

Take care.

Roland

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Hi Boarder,

I think about buying the CDU and also would like to have the UFC on the same screen. If I understood it right this is in the works like displayed in the youtube video. Any idea about a release date for this? I would need it immidiately :smilewink:

Take care.

Roland

I wish I had a better answer than I do but the honest answer is that I haven't had much time to work on this since I created that video and it looks like my free time isn't going to come much more available through the end of the year :cry_2:

I will continue to sneak time when I can but we're still probably looking into 2017 before this becomes available for everyone!

Please help a new user???

I have:

Intel I7 - 920 @ 2.67 Ghz factory default no over clocking

MSI x-58 Platinum motherboard and 6Gb Corsair 1333 DDR3 3x2Gb modules, uses PCI-2 bus

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64 bit

Samsung 850 Pro 128GB SSD (solid state drive) for my OS and DCS 1.5

Plextor M6e Series 256Gb PCI Express 2.0 x 2 Internal SSD for DCS 2.0 & NTTR

MSI G-force GTX 960 w/4Gb (this is a pci-3 card in a pci-2 buss)

I have 3 NEC 2180UX 21" displays 1680x1050 and a viewsonic VA2026 20" also at 1680x1050

My desktop is spread over all 4 and I run DCS as a single window monitor across all 4 with my MFD's on the right most Viewsonic.

I have finally figured out how to export the MFD's for at least a larger display, but no buttons...

So my DCS display is essentially 4 monitors wide, with the MFD's on the far right Viewsonic which I have physically located in the middle and below the main 3. This works great for me and I can see the TGP great. But I would love to have the buttons MFD's working as well.

Questions:

Is this software for a PC with connected display monitors or just for export to Ipad and Android?

What product do I need to purchase for my PC? What are the costs?

I hate apple, do I need anything from them if only using a PC?

Does your software disable the existing MFD's in the cockpit for better response?

Thanks in advance

Is this software for a PC with connected display monitors or just for export to Ipad and Android?

It's meant to connect the sim with mobile devices that run iOS or Android. You could use the server software to set up MFCD and CDU exports and not use a touch device if you wanted to.

What product do I need to purchase for my PC? What are the costs?

Don't need to purchase anything for the PC. The server software is free and available at https://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html

I hate apple, do I need anything from them if only using a PC?

Nope.

Does your software disable the existing MFD's in the cockpit for better response?

Nope, they're still there.

I suspect it is required for Bonjour which allows for zero configuration networking.

In other words, it is used to allow the app to seamlessly connect to your PC over wifi without you having to configure any IP addresses or f**k around with network settings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

last stupid question, I hope...

Why do I need apple print services??? I hate anything apple... is this absolutely required? what does it do?

You don't need it for the Android app, in fact it doesn't use it at all. It's only used for zero config networking so that iPad users don't have to manually enter their computer name or IP address.

I don't have support for zero config networking in the Android app so there's no need for it at all to use the Android app.

The server will warn you that it's not installed but that's ok.

Just installed the server on DCS 1.5. with left most 3-21" for the cockpit display and the right most 20" for the MFD's... got the main cockpit located on the 3 and mfd's on the far right. Everything works great so far... Did not need the apple printer bit because I'm not using touch screens or Ipods or Android....

I had this configuration working without the server, I am hoping your server will provide the working OSB's as well and perhaps a working CDU??

Big question???? How do I get the buttons on the exported MFD's to work??? Assume some cost?? How to purchase?

Thanks in advance... great work...!!! in any case...!!!

I'm not using touch screens or Ipods or Android....

I had this configuration working without the server, I am hoping your server will provide the working OSB's as well and perhaps a working CDU??

Big question???? How do I get the buttons on the exported MFD's to work??? Assume some cost?? How to purchase?

I think there may be some confusion - this software is not intended to replicate CDU or MFCD buttons on your PC screen.

It is intended to provide a bridge between iPad and Android tablets and part of that requires the MFCD and CDU displays to be exported to another monitor due to limits of the sim itself.

If all you want is to put the MFCD and CDU displays on an additional monitor, the server can do that.

If you want the CDU and MFCD buttons to be shown and clickable on an additional monitor on your PC, the server can not do that.