Anything I needto know, before getting the M2000?

Canadus

I'm very interested in getting the M2000 for some time and since the Autumn Sale has just started... :music_whistling:

Is there anything to know, before buying that module?

What is still missing? Are there still bugs, which take away the fun?

Do you enjoy the Mirage? What do you like? What not...?

Would be helpful to get some opinions from users, using the M2000 for some time.

I watched Bunyaps Videos on YT and overall the Mirage looked promising, but I read about some minor but annoying things.

I currently fly L-39 for general Training, F-5 for fun & have the Viggen and the A-10 on my plate and to get into. But I'm eager for some 4th Gen. A2A Module.

Rgrds,

Dennis

Edited by Canadus
Typoes...

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

For all it's faults (of which there aren't very many let's be honest) I don't think anyone has ever regretted buying the M-2000C.

It's a solid aircraft that's very capable.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Its an excellent buy, you only have to be patient for it to be finished but if you buy it now by the time its finished you will probably be an Ace in it:)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Its an excellent buy, you only have to be patient for it to be finished but if you buy it now by the time its finished you will probably be an Ace in it:)

That's a good one. You all got me sold. Thanks for your input... :thumbup:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Here was the biggest headscratcher for me:

If you drop a RADAR lock in any of the auto-acquisition (AACQ) modes, the antenna will not automatically re-center itself (as it should) when the lock is lost, and if you switch to another AACQ mode after the fact you can't lock a n.a. sit even sitting right on your reticle.

Remember to manually re-center the antenna azimuth and elevation and you Re good to go! :thumbup:

It is fun little bird.

It has some issues lately with flight model being bit unfinished. But don't wait there isn't many of these sales in the year.

You going to have fun learning all the systems anyway for some time. :joystick:

After that it could be finished.... what i would wait though (get it now anyway)

Is for the manual rework by baltic_dragon over here.

Lot of necessary info is inside. So i would wait with playing for the new one...just to not get confused.

Edited by DirkLarien

...what i would wait though (get it now anyway)

Is for the manual rework by baltic_dragon over here.

Lot of necessary info is inside. So i would wait with playing for the new one...just to not get confused.

Yepp. I read about Baltic Dragon reworking the manual. Good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

In NTTR I still can not read the HUD due to the brightness of the sky. It requires a UV filter, similar to the FA-18. That's the real life F-18, I don't know if the DCS Hornet will have one?

Edited by Accipiter
Real UV filter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky