Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 114 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #1131
Lobo LXII

I just reinstalled KneeboardBuilder and now the Kneeboard settings under the options tab is greyed out.Was this function removed or Have I Fu.....goofed it up?

If so,how do I repair it?
Old 12-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #1132
AlaskanGrizzly

Exclamation Version 1.7.1.0 Released

Version 1.7.1.0 is now available.

-Added support for aircraft mods like the A-4E installed in the Saved Games/DCS/Mods directory.
-Added 'Custom' option to the DCS Install Directory drop down in Preferences to allow for using saved games folders that don't match up with DCS installs. When using the 'Custom' option the saved games folder must point directly to the subfolder for DCS, ie ...Saved Games/DCS.openbeta.
-Changed the 'Kneeboard Settings' option to 'Kneeboard Profiles' with 'Modify' and 'Reset Default' submenu options.
-Added F/A-18C and A-4E images to Kneeboard Profiles page.

A few notes:

1) I originally coded the DCS Install Directory paths to automatically locate the correct paths when 'Standard', 'OpenBeta' etc were selected to make it easy for people to setup. This also automatically linked the DCS installation with the correct DCS saved games folder for default installations. However, it hasn't playing well with some folks' setups so I have added the 'Custom' option. When you select the custom option you can manually select a saved games subfolder that doesn't have to match with the Standard or OpenBeta schema. So technically you should be able to have an OpenBeta install but use the Standard install's saved games folder for example. It should also fix problems that arise when you move DCS installs to different drives. Hopefully that makes sense and solves some issues a few of you have been running into.

2) Whenever you select a Kneeboard Profile to change the kneeboard size or position for an aircraft, Kneeboard Builder modifies a single line in that aircraft's 'device_init.lua' file (generally located in .../Mods/aircraft/aircraftname/cockpit/scripts) to point to the custom kneeboard settings in your saved games directory. This allows for the custom settings to pass integrity checks. I added the 'Reset Default' submenu to the 'Kneeboard Profiles' (formerly Kneeboard Settings') menu. This will restore those files that were modified and revert to the default kneeboard for all aircraft. This has no effect on your custom kneeboard images or groups and will not delete or modify any of your saved kneeboard profiles. It is an easy way to revert to back to the default kneeboard sizing and positioning.

Feel free to contact me with any problems or concerns.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:16 AM   #1133
Rudel_chw

Thanks a lot ... the A-4E support is very welcomed
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #1134
Lobo LXII

Thanks for your help yesterday! I was able to get it up and running fine,Just in time for this update.

Keep up the good work!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #1135
Firebird1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneda06 View Post
for some time impossible to move or change the size of the tablet, it remains in the same position I can change the colors, add images by ...... I play VR and I really need the tablet If someone has an idea !

Thanks
Same issue here exactly. Did you ever get an answer to the issue? Even after I reposition to a different location and save it, it places it in exactly the same place (cut off as well) but colors do change. I do not want to have to deal with a failed integrity check so would like to get it work in the saved game section.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:46 PM   #1136
flying-coyotus

Hello

doesn't work any more, I always have this at start, if i click OK, it closes

flying-coyotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:39 PM   #1137
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-coyotus View Post
Hello

doesn't work any more, I always have this at start, if i click OK, it closes

Looks like there is a bug with the 'lite mode' option. For now you can disable it by opening the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.Config' file in the Kneeboard Builder folder with a text editor and change the line:
<add key="LiteMode" value="True" />
to
<add key="LiteMode" value="False" />

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try working on a fix for it.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:57 PM   #1138
AlaskanGrizzly

Exclamation Version 1.7.1.1 Released

Version 1.7.1.1 is now available.

-Fixed silent crash when starting Kneeboard Builder with 'Lite Mode' enabled.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #1139
flying-coyotus

Thanks, it works
flying-coyotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #1140
VampireOne

This has probably been asked before but is it possible to move the kneeboard Down to the “knee” position for us VR types?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk