so which SA-2 variant will we get?

E or F variants. Will they have spoon rest? plotting board? Or is it the simplified, usual interface?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I don't think theýre user operable like a SA-13 or SA-15. It'll be like the SA-6, place them and let the AI do the work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

beeing user controllable would

a) be awesome

b) make up for the pricetag of CA

c) I couldnt agree more

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Looking forward to this coming to the Sim, I do hope its playable so we can emulate the defences of Haiphong

This is a nice read

https://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/missile-men-north-vietnam-180953375/

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will love a crewable SA-2 too, but we really need to know the version.

I hope ED does not stipulate a 1280x1024 resolution :lol:

• ED Team
I will love a crewable SA-2 too, but we really need to know the version.

You will need to be one-for-five: a commander with P-18 remote indicator, lead officer at the main control and three tracking sergeants at distance/azimuth/elevation channels.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Well, the newsletter says it is a S-75 Dvina but the screenshots actually show the RSN-75V (Fan Song E) and either a V-755 or V-760 missile on a SM-90 launcher. The components shown indicate that it is a S-75M Volkhov. That would make it an SA-2d Guideline Mod 3 or SA-2e Guideline Mod 4 in the NATO designation system, not a S-75 Dvina (SA-2a Guideline or SA-2b Guideline Mod 1).

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• ED Team

Somewhere in Russian playground yard. :)

IMG_20180507_135132.thumb.jpg.db7adcbcf5ac211e19d329b369e004f1.jpg

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
Well, the newsletter says it is a S-75 Dvina but the screenshots actually show the RSN-75V (Fan Song E) and either a V-755 or V-760 missile on a SM-90 launcher. The components shown indicate that it is a S-75M Volkhov. That would make it an SA-2d Guideline Mod 3 or SA-2e Guideline Mod 4 in the NATO designation system, not a S-75 Dvina (SA-2a Guideline or SA-2b Guideline Mod 1).

Mod 4 presumed optical channel and a camera at the "P" shack?

Mod 4 presumed optical channel and a camera at the "P" shack?

The RSN-75V2 (Fan Song F) introduced the optical tracking. It can be distinguished by the boxy structure atop where the twin parabolic dishes are on the RSN-75V (Fan Song E). That system was known as the S-75M2 Volkhov designated by NATO as the SA-2f Guideline Mod 5. The S-75M2 fired the V-759 missile which is visually distinctive from the V-755 and V-760 missiles of the S-75M Volkhov system that is shown in the screenshots on the ED website.

EDIT: I think the missile is a V-755 in the screenshot because I think the V-760 had a larger nosecone.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

The RSN-75V2 (Fan Song F) introduced the optical tracking. It can be distinguished by the boxy structure atop where the twin parabolic dishes are on the RSN-75V (Fan Song E). That system was known as the S-75M2 Volkhov designated by NATO as the SA-2f Guideline Mod 5. The S-75M2 fired the V-759 missile which is visually distinctive from the V-755 and V-760 missiles of the S-75M Volkhov system that is shown in the screenshots on the ED website.

Fan-Song-Variants-S.png

RSNA-75M-Fan-Song-F-1S.jpg

Fang-Song E with camera

SNR-75M-Fan-Song-E-Antennas-2S.png

Others "HardWare":

AV and UV Vans (control and electronic vans)

SNR-75M3-AV-UV-Vans-MiroslavGyurosi-1S.jpg

P-18 Adquisicion radar

P-18_1RL131_Slovakia_01_MiroslavGyurosi-1S.jpg

The S-75M3 Volhov (SA-2E Guideline) system has capable to launch the V-760 15D (Guideline Mod.4) Nuclear tipped (15kt) SAM Missile.

v76015d.jpg

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• ED Team

I guess, something wrong with your designations. First of all, the shack "P" I see in DCS is a classic Volkhov. 75M2 or 3, I think. Two narrow and two wide beams. The station itself always was named SNR but never RSN. As the whole SAM position was named S-75xx (SA for the earlier versions) the complex of radioelectronic means was named SNR at least for S-75 generation. The photo you posted is 75M4 with a camera at the pylon at the shack "p" and RD-75 behind the shack.

By the way, this article

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-SNR-75-Fan-Song.html

giving a good walk-around has the same mistake in designation: it is M4 with the optical channel.

And finally, I have no idea what is the version with a doghouse instead of narrow beam antennas...

Edited by Yo-Yo

I guess, something wrong with your designations. First of all, the shack "P" I see in DCS is a classic Volkhov. 75M2 or 3, I think. Two narrow and two wide beams. The station itself always was named SNR but never RSN. As the whole SAM position was named S-75xx (SA for the earlier versions) the complex of radioelectronic means was named SNR at least for S-75 generation. The photo you posted is 75M4 with a camera at the pylon at the shack "p" and RD-75 behind the shack.

By the way, this article

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-SNR-75-Fan-Song.html

giving a good walk-around has the same mistake in designation: it is M4 with the optical channel.

And finally, I have no idea what is the version with a doghouse instead of narrow beam antennas...

Here is my source:

https://www.amazon.com/Red-SAM-Guideline-Anti-Aircraft-Vanguard/dp/1846030625

• ED Team

It's very interesting, what sources he used... :)

• ED Team

I saw "RSN" abbreviation, though, in the historical article. Possibly, it was in use, but I remember "SNR" was in use. Have to check manuals... :)

I saw "RSN" abbreviation, though, in the historical article. Possibly, it was in use, but I remember "SNR" was in use. Have to check manuals... :)

I think the RSN designation might be western in nature. As for citations, I don't see any listed in the book but the author does mention several sources in his authors notes which include Fakel and Almaz. Towards the end of the book he includes a list of books and articles for further reading(mostly in Russian) but includes an article by him in the Journal of Slavic Military studies and a book by him written for Janes. Odds are that he probably knows what he is writing about.

• ED Team

I need to return to the original docs to check. The point is that SNR corresponds naturally to Russian "Stantsia navedenia raket" and "RSN" is.Yoda-style inversion :). Possibly, it was not in use in oral speech.

Anyway, in DCS we will have 75M2 or 3, if you want a big aerial boom... :)

• Like 1

I need to return to the original docs to check. The point is that SNR corresponds naturally to Russian "Stantsia navedenia raket" and "RSN" is.Yoda-style inversion :). Possibly, it was not in use in oral speech.

Anyway, in DCS we will have 75M2 or 3, if you want a big aerial boom... :)

Nice, I love me some big boom. Thanks for the conformation.