please please polychop tell me that the door gunner is multicrew functional.

hannibal

So i installed the openbeta and the gazelle module

guys, how do i even get into the minigun variant?

i tried a training mission and quick mission.. i went into the rearm refuel menu, and didnt see any options for the minigun...

what do i have to do to try the minigun?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

As best Ii understand you need to be in MP, join as WSO, then '3" to gain access to the gunners position.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

For me, no need to be in MP, single player mission works - then jump to gunner with '3', I can change freely between pilot, WSO, and gunner. To fire the minigun, start the Gazelle, MasterArm on, press trigger, have fun!

As in my case the trigger is on my joystick and even when gunner you still fly the Gazelle, check over your left shoulder from time to time so you don't CFIT :megalol:

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

So far so good, needs a few tweaks, but fun all the same

if you could "borrow" the AI gunner features from the Huey would be good for SP users.

or an option to lock the Minigun in a foward position that could be fired by the pilot

If using TrackIr and re-position the view to look down sights, when turning your head, the movement doesn't stay down sights the head will move / rotate around the point so you no longer look through the viewfinder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Hi,

Yes it is multicrew, only the copilot can access the gunner position.

A bit nauseous with oculus I guess depending on your fellow pilot :)

Sorry, but I'm assuming you mean that you can still only have 2 people in multicrew and the co pilot has to swap seats?

I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping for multicrew to allow 3 persons in the aircraft, so the gunner is another physical player.

Don't get me wrong having a 2 person multicrew is fantastic and youre certainly ahead of belsimtek in this regard.

I am enjoying current multicrew immensely, just dreaming that one day we will get a full compliment of crew onboard.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Sorry, but I'm assuming you mean that you can still only have 2 people in multicrew and the co pilot has to swap seats?

I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping for multicrew to allow 3 persons in the aircraft, so the gunner is another physical player.

Don't get me wrong having a 2 person multicrew is fantastic and youre certainly ahead of belsimtek in this regard.

I am enjoying current multicrew immensely, just dreaming that one day we will get a full compliment of crew onboard.

Cowboy10uk

Keep in mind that the minigun version has no camera, so the co-pilot will have less to do.

The current state of multicrew in DCS allows only 2 players to join the same helicopter. Technically, I can imagine the nightmare it would be to sync 3 people in multicrew.

Cowboy10uk

The current state of multicrew in DCS allows only 2 players to join the same helicopter. Technically, I can imagine the nightmare it would be to sync 3 people in multicrew.

Thanks for the update Pat, please don’t think I was complaining for one moment, I absolutely adore multicrew in the gazelle. Just a pipe dream of mine to have every crew space taken up with a real human player. I’m sure we will get there eventually mind you.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yes that is correct, or just drop it into a mission.

And the view out of the door less Gazelle. :D

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I got the Track IR way of aiming the minigun working. But I fine this method of gunning , difficult for me . Tried finding the mouse control of the minigun m, but i failed ... double click middle mouse button.... not working Is there a Genuis , who got it to work. Please teach me the steps to it if you have .

thx

pause Trackir then left alt & c to switch to mouse look, fire with either trigger on stick or left mouse button

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

I just tried the minigun position in VR...

a) awesome that it is possible to choose to be the minigun doorgunner position

b) awesome that your line of sight is decoupled from the sights of the minigun (only if i can look around WITHOUT having the minigun barrels follow where i am looking)

c) i like that in VR i can look into the EOTech holosights.

the only thing missing is the ability to map analogue axis commands / keyboard commands to the minigun traverse ( gun up/down, gun left/ right )

minigun is almost perfect! i only hope that one day i can assign a joystick to axis commands for the minigun so that in VR, i can aim the minigun anywhere i choose regardless of where i am looking at.

thanks polychop!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

It's a tad unnerving looking towards the rear from the MG position and the tail is missing,.. :D

Also shouldn't the engine rotor sound be as loud as a regular Gazelle with it's doors open,.. :P

<edit.

Oh and some "wind' sound. :joystick:

Edited by FragBum
<edit>

For me personally, As a huge fan and supporter of PolyChop,

I firmly believe I have died and gone to Helicopter Heaven!

I can not adequately express my JOY at the direction this Helo has taken and the attention to the customers concerns which is expressed by the development team in this up date!

WELL DONE GUYS!

(You too Blinky.....I would love for you to man the gun for me some day......):D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Would like to see the minigun controls be somewhat similar to the Mi-8 gunner slot, where you have your trackIR or VR HMD controlling your view point and a mouse or any other axis inputs controlling the gun aim point :joystick:

Plus, would like to see the view point behind the gun sight , not in front of it. Make the EOTech actually usable as a gun sight when in the door gunner position. PLEWWWWEEEESSS!