Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 119 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #1181
Ares63

1 - i have two empy transparent pages in my kneeboard, i'm not ablke to find the sources...

2 - I have also a DATA directory in "saved game" and another in "saved game\DCS.openbeta" with this path & contents

"D:\DATA\Saved Games\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings\L-39"

declare_kneeboard_device.lua
init.lua,"4,34 KB",File LUA
objects_page.lua
overlay_page.lua
ViewportHandling.lua

if i delete it is created again

thanks for any help
Ares63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:56 PM   #1182
Snacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
The Kneeboard Builder doesn't remember my saved groups:

If I want to add one image, I have to move everything over to the right again and reorganise it. Is this fixable?

Also, sorry for large images.
I've never had more than about 8-10 Kneeboard groups. Maybe there is a limit? Have you tried combining them so that there are not so many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreRSG View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm new to DCS World and watched all the tutorial videos and read the manual for KBB. Unfortunately, after I click building custom kneeboard, and get a confirmation that it was built, my kneeboard isn't showing up in game. I tried to build it into a premade mission by selecting the .miz option and that just crashes by KBB. So, I rebuilt a mission with it, and still no joy.

Another issue, and it may be related, is that whenever I start KBB the game directory location is cleared out and empty... I have the game on a separate SDD from my Steam & Saved Games & KBB.exe folder.

I could use a little help...

Thanks!
When I click 'Build Customer Kneeboard for XXX' I don't get any message. But it works. I see the kneeboard in the game. I am using KBB version 1.7.5.0

"whenever I start KBB the game directory location is cleared out and empty"
I'm not sure of what location you mean. AFAIK, KBB stores your Kneeboard builds in your Saved Games DCS folder.
Are you running KBB as Admin? You should.. Also, Windows Security might be 'cleaning' out those files. Not sure what else to tell you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares63 View Post
1 - i have two empy transparent pages in my kneeboard, i'm not ablke to find the sources...

2 - I have also a DATA directory in "saved game" and another in "saved game\DCS.openbeta" with this path & contents

"D:\DATA\Saved Games\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings\L-39"

declare_kneeboard_device.lua
init.lua,"4,34 KB",File LUA
objects_page.lua
overlay_page.lua
ViewportHandling.lua

if i delete it is created again

thanks for any help
I had those Transparent pages for a few days also. They started right after the maps, where the custom kneeboards should start. I had never seen that before. But it went away and I have no transparent kneeboard pages now. It could have been a DCS thing that was fixed in an update. Or maybe I re-built that kneeboard? IDK

Don't Delete those files in the Saved Games\Data folder. KBB uses them I believe..

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:36 AM   #1183
Topgun505

May be a moot point. Today I'm trying to run KBB and it doesn't run. It pulls up the splash screen saying loading and it is just stuck there. Tried it with and without Admin perms. Nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
KBB doesn't look at the pages you have added for your customer KB to determine the window size. That wouldn't really be possible, because you could add pages of various sizes, and KBB only has a fixed sizes window.

So you have to so some home work in setting up a customer KB in insuring all the pages you include have the same dimensions. Also, you should consider that the standard pages added by DCS automatically --the maps and airfield info pages-- already have their own standard size. If the window you define doesn't match those pages, their display will be stretched and/shrunk to fit your window while in the mission.

To determine the window size and position you wish to use, you have to options -> kneeboard profiles -> modify. Add a profile for the aircraft you will be flying fitting to the KB pages you will be adding. Activate it through right clicking the KBB icon in the system tray and selecting the prifile. It will remain active for that aircraft, even from session to session, until you select a different profile for that aircraft, or set it to default thru options -> kneeboard profiles -> restore defaults.

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.
Topgun505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #1184
GrizzlyBear83

Getting a "Conversion Failed" anytime I try to convert regardless off PDF. I cannot copy paste the error but the error splash starts with:

"Ghostscript could not be started with error."

I think it got something to do with Net.Framework 4.5 as there are numerous "Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewer" errors, but NET.Framework is included in Win 10 so I cannot install it.

Any ideas?

GrizzlyBear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #1185
Captain Orso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear83 View Post
Getting a "Conversion Failed" anytime I try to convert regardless off PDF. I cannot copy paste the error but the error splash starts with:

"Ghostscript could not be started with error."

I think it got something to do with Net.Framework 4.5 as there are numerous "Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewer" errors, but NET.Framework is included in Win 10 so I cannot install it.

Any ideas?

You must install the '.NET Framework 4.5' version linked to in the first post of this thread.

.NET versions are not backwards compatible, so a default version installed as a part of your Windows installation will not work with KBB.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:30 PM   #1186
Griphos

Just a heads up. The new version, that I just installed, is detected as ransomware by Malwarebytes premium. I suspect it's not (and it's working fine after I excluded it).
Griphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #1187
janus7

Hi. I have this same error, and i can not install NET Framework 4.5' version linked in the first post. What now?
janus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:56 AM   #1188
jonsky7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsky7 View Post
Hi,

I used kneeboard builder just to move the default kneeboard as I run multiple monitors. As of late when I try to apply the profile the app hangs and crashes.

I've tried deleting all the kneeboard files in my saved games directory and using a fresh copy, but it is still the same.

Would appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thanks
Please Help

Or how does it move the kneeboard without failing the integrity check like modifying viewporthandling.lua does?

Last edited by jonsky7; 02-03-2019 at 02:02 AM.
jonsky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #1189
Captain Orso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphos View Post
Just a heads up. The new version, that I just installed, is detected as ransomware by Malwarebytes premium. I suspect it's not (and it's working fine after I excluded it).
Antivirus software can often generate a false positive. Back when I was using Avast, if it discovered anything suspicious, which the user thinks is not malicious, it was possible to submit the file directly through Avast AV for analysis by Avast. They would analyse the file and report on their findings.

There are also sites which use many antivirus programs to analyse suspicious files (like 20 - 25 different AV programs at the same time) and report their finding on what each AV program reported, practically immediately, mostly so that the user has an idea if only their AV generates the same report or not.

As you have noted, you can exclude the file, if you believe that a false positive was generated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janus7 View Post
Hi. I have this same error, and i can not install NET Framework 4.5' version linked in the first post. What now?
How is it that you "can not install NET Framework 4.5"? Please describe your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsky7 View Post
Please Help

Or how does it move the kneeboard without failing the integrity check like modifying viewporthandling.lua does?
I don't recall exactly where, but IIRC it installs a so-called Hook somewhere in the installation directories, which then points to '..\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}\Mods\Kneeboard Builder Config\' where the scripts for your customer KB size and position are presented.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #1190
janus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
How is it that you "can not install NET Framework 4.5"? Please describe your experience.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable.

The same or a newer version of the .NET Framework 4.5 is already installed on this computer.

I have this message when I try to install NET Framework 4.5
janus7 is offline   Reply With Quote