Chuck's C-101CC Aviojet Guide

Charly_Owl

After not being in the C-101 since it's original release, your fantastic guide [as usual] combined with more concentrated updates that are made every month might be the motivation to get back to it. Thanks for this, especially considering the release of the Tomcat!

Dodo

Discord: Dodo#1000

Twitch: dodoactual

Keep calm, call a JTAC/CCT/FAC!

FX-9590 5.0 GHz CPU; 16GB RAM; XFX-290X GPU; 990FXAUD3 MB; ASUS 248 144hz x2; Cougar MFD 2 (Thrustmaster); TrackIR 5 Pro; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Logitech G27; ElGato Stream Deck; Corsair

The file should probably be called "DCS-C-101-Guide" (without the "CC"). There is just as much EB material as there is CC material. Or, if it if supposed to be a CC-only guide, then drop the pages with EB (which are confusing and make the guide rather long) and make a separate guide?

Also, I was a bit puzzled by Page 10. Is this really for the C101CC?

Chuck's guide to the DCS C-101CC Aviojet

Enjoy!

Fantastic quality as usual.

I couldn't help notice you used F10 map headings throughout including the Navigation and Precision Approach sections without correcting for Magnetic Variation.

It means anyone who uses you guide will always arrive 6° off i.e. Kutaisi RWY 07 (74°T/68°M)

attachment.php?attachmentid=206504&stc=1&d=1552736631

IFR and point to point (low level nav using timed legs and visual landmarks) are effected the most (6°=10% error i.e. 5NM for a 50NM leg).

As the C-101 is a basic trainer, it's something I feel would be important to cover as it is an important difference between RL where most western charts are marked with reference to Magnetic bearings and DCS's F10 map and ruler uses True.

It looks a substantial amount of work to correct Parts 12 and 13 but is perhaps worth taking into account for future guides.

Many thanks again for these valuable guides.

1132060220_ChucksGuideC-101KutaisiRWY07is74true68magnetic.JPG.11f1b781dbbdea9514521416404fd1e8.JPG

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I couldn't help notice you used F10 map headings throughout including the Navigation and Precision Approach sections without correcting for Magnetic Variation.

It means anyone who uses you guide will always arrive 6° off i.e. Kutaisi RWY 07 (74°T/68°M)

Holy sh... I knew I was forgetting something! I should've remembered the good old saying "When you read it it's "True", otherwise it's "Magnetic"". I'll try to have it fixed by today.

The file should probably be called "DCS-C-101-Guide" (without the "CC"). There is just as much EB material as there is CC material. Or, if it if supposed to be a CC-only guide, then drop the pages with EB (which are confusing and make the guide rather long) and make a separate guide?

Also, I was a bit puzzled by Page 10. Is this really for the C101CC?

Yes, page 10 is for the CC. I'll add a clarification. What's puzzling about it?

The EB pages were added more as a "nice to have", but I didn't add everything for the EB as well... I used a similar format for the L-39ZA (some slides for the C) and nobody complained about it before...

Edited by Charly_Owl

The navigation and precision approach section has now been corrected.

Wow, that was fast, you've even redone all the screenshots. :worthy:

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

HUGE help - many thanks!

While Aviodev's docs seem complete, they also seem to be more of a feature / button list with very little in the way of "follow this procedure to do it right", other than the tutorial flights (and who wants to fly the tutorials all the time?)

Your guide fills in those step by steps and is much appreciated.

Super helpful for me and has cleared up confusion (esp re nav & ILS).

I also realized that speedbrake needs to remain extended through touchdown & rollout (and the weird but expected trim changes when deployed).

Fantastic!

p.s.: so sorry you can't safely do one for the Tomcat. Frustrating that it would be a risk to your clearance when I'm sure the Iranians already know everything they need (and more).

Better safe than sorry, though, so we'll muddle along some other way!