Heatblur Team, Take A Bow

The Noob

Whether or not the Heatblur team read this or not I think it needs to be said, take a bow, your hard work, time, effort, and energy really shows in the legendary F-14 that you brought to life in DCS. While I would like to say that this module is just another module in the growing list of DCS offerings, that would be the understatement of the year. In my humble opinion what you have given the community today is a shining example of how modules should perform at launch. I know some people may be experiencing bugs, or have found little items that need some touching up, however, overall I have been pleased with what I have experienced thus far. Your passion shows in this module, from the normal sounds of the RIO clicking buttons and flipping switches, the alarming sounds of the airframe stressing as you over g in a turn, to the visual splendor that is the cockpit of what was Americas finest fleet defender. But the flight model wasn't enough, you went and built a partner in crime for those of us staying offline for now. I could go on and make some volleyball jokes... but for now, I will say, this was worth the wait, and to the Heatblur take a bow... you deserve it.

P.S. To all other Devs, I hope you were paying attention.

Haven’t even gotten home to fly it yet but +4. You have me eager to play it like a little girl with her dolls. I can’t believe the emotions this module and your hard work has evoke in me. I’m in awe that so much could come from your work, but it just seems so mystical so far! Great work team!

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

+5!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I have to say I'm deeply impressed by this aircraft. Great work HB.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I could not agree more, I spent most time setting up HOTAS and learning how to cold start.. I did get some flying in and have to say I like the analog bird. Quite different to look at the altimeter to know your altitude.

The details are ama zing and I am sure I have not found everything. I really appreciate all the different missions and trainings included.

Absolutely a great job!!!

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Seems to have lived up to the hype, and certainly has set yet another bar. Heatblur probably knew they had something special on their hands, but they must be very glad that overall, the community is very pleased with the quality they've put out. They certainly had an almost possible task of trying to meet expectations on such an iconic bird. So definitely take that bow.

This exceeded very high expectations.

I don't know how I'm going to survive through work tomorrow and Friday.

The right developers, with the right plane, at the right time.

Fantastic work!

I feel bad for anyone who cannot partake. I hope that this module can become part of the bonus program before the big switch over so I can pick up a few extra copies for some people who are currently missing out.

Just the death of "when is end of winter/astronomical/meteorological" debate thread will be worth it! :)

I'm sure it's great. Can't wait to fire it up. Congrats guys!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

F-14 is the best Modul so far ever released for DCS, simply Amazing how she fly's react and looks like a beauty..

I had also so much fun in the RIO seat banging my Head around and prey for my live...

Outstanding Heatblur Thank You..MP was a dream Tomcat on Fire..wink.gif

Going tired to work today...

attachment.php?attachmentid=206228&stc=1&d=1552541308

attachment.php?attachmentid=206227&stc=1&d=1552541301

Screen_190313_221304.thumb.png.29434ec2ccb214cc9e54eeac1742456b.png

Screen_190313_224604.thumb.png.6a2de861b433a9dc04ac630598c08675.png

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

You guys simply rock! As simple as that!

Thank you :)

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

I agree, from the few hours I spent with the addon, outstanding job.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

First thing I did when I loaded the module was go through a manual startup. And it all worked beautifully with Jester reminding me to arm the ejection seat etc. Once he’d finished the INS alignment and told me we were ready to go I taxied out and the sun was shining low in the NTTR and I went to an external view and had to pinch myself I’m in a F-14 Tomcat. I just had an an uncontrollable grin across my face. And best of all to this day the Mig-21 has been my favourite module I love the level of immersion it affords and I love the way it feels like an older jet with quirks and charecter, I find it’s a challenge. The Tomcat reminds me of the Mig-21, not as an aeroplane they are completely different but the painstaking details that have been put into the module and the shakes and the rattles. It feels like an older jet but at the same time it’s very capable, you can fight and win against many aircraft types. I have used the P-51 module a lot and find the rudder inputs I have got used to with the P51 particularly in combat has helped me.

HB I love it. I mean I really love it. Thankyou.

P.S Is there someone who can explain how to use Jester to attack simultaneous targets with Phoenix and not just STT?

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Excellent Job Heatblur,

It exceeded all my expectations and was godsmacked as I marveled at what you delivered.

I don't know how I'm going to survive through work tomorrow and Friday.

Never ever did I hate going more to work then this morning :D

Should've called in sick, sick with the need for speed.

Outstanding work HB. Based on what I have experienced with the F-14 I will eagerly pre-purchase whatever your next aircraft is.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]