[REPORTED]2.5 OpenBeta SERVER missing objects on CLIENTS

Gizzy

On a 2.5 server mission with multiple 'furniture objects' only 5 will be seen by clients. The missing objects appear to be randomly picked but only 5 are visible by clients.

In SP all are visible.

On a server hosted client slot all are visible

With a remote Client only 5 are visible

Initially this was picked up by missing MOD furniture on heavily populated servers but on testing with a server and client both clean of any MODS again only 5 are visible.

Vehicles etc seem good.

Validation:

No MODS on SERVER or CLIENT

1 group of 8 x 'bunker 1'

2 x Mi-8

Seen by REMOTE CLIENT 5x

Seen by SERVER HOSTED CLIENT 8x

Seen by SINGLE PLAYER CLIENT 8x

Repeatable.

Affects DCS and 3rd party MOD furniture, in a group or as single objects.

Miz file attached.

caucasus test.miz

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

SIGBLOCK.png

On a 2.5 server mission with multiple 'furniture objects' only 5 will be seen by clients. The missing objects appear to be randomly picked but only 5 are visible by clients.

In SP all are visible.

On a server hosted client slot all are visible

With a remote Client only 5 are visible

Initially this was picked up by missing MOD furniture on heavily populated servers but on testing with a server and client both clean of any MODS again only 5 are visible.

Vehicles etc seem good.

Validation:

No MODS on SERVER or CLIENT

1 group of 8 x 'bunker 1'

2 x Mi-8

Seen by REMOTE CLIENT 5x

Seen by SERVER HOSTED CLIENT 8x

Seen by SINGLE PLAYER CLIENT 8x

Repeatable.

Affects DCS and 3rd party MOD furniture, in a group or as single objects.

Miz file attached.

Happens the same to me:

Made a GROUP with alla kind aof listed FORTIFICATIONS. None of them appear to remote CLIENT player. They are visible only to SERVER.

Some checkbox's do not write for whatever reason...

Check serverSettings.lua file (C:\Users\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config) and if necessary edit, so that...

"require_pure_textures"

"require_pure_models"

"require_pure_clients"

=false for the IC to be off..

SIGBLOCK.png

Also getting issues with ground objects, although I haven't tested this out exhaustively as such.

With ground units from the objects menu, these unit cannot be seen in on server and client. Other objects such as structures and helos can be seen in the same area.

I shot at the invisible units and they took damage, so it appears they are 'there'!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

same issue

ED please address this. Having same issues on any multiplayer server. Making it unplayable as the invisible static units are able to fire and destroy your aircraft, however unable to see nor target as clients machines will not draw the objects in the server as hosted.

• ED Team
My experience is that engaging Lazarevskoe SAM site in Buddy Spike server op. Blue Flag SA-3 are completely invisible even if they shoot at me.

Chack the video at 15:00

invisible units are reported, thanks

hopefully it will be resolved soon

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 6 months later...

Any news on this being fixed yet?

It really is spoiling Missions created with objects for MP

Can't find any further info on this, REPORTED six months ago.......??

An update on progress would be nice......

Intel Core i7-8086k@5Ghz / Asus PrimeZ370-A

32GB DDR4 3000Mhz Mem / GTX 1080 Ti / 500GB SSD Int M2 / Samsung U28E590 4k / Oculus Rift S

• 3 months later...

The OP I reported in FEB and it was fixed. Period.

Perhaps you have, or there is a another similar general issue, no idea, but you would need to be more specific on objects involved or attach a miz file for anyone to help you.

SIGBLOCK.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We still have this bug. For example in multiplayer, if you are the 1st who connected to the server, every static object on the carrier are visible for you. But if you are the 2nd client or more you can see only 5 objects. I hope ED will fix this soon, because so boring the "empty" carrier...

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here, I think. Playing LAN multiplayer, I have statics populating the Stennis (no mods, all stock DCS objects). In particular, I have an E-2D in the Junkyard, an E-2D in front of the superstructure, and two Tomcats on Elevator 2. These all appear in SP, and on the server. The client, however, does not see the two E-2Ds or the Tomcat closest to the superstructure on Elevator 2.