on Steam soon?

Aginor

Hey y'all!

I am not a DCS Steam user myself, but I know a few guys that are, and after I told them about the new version of the C-101 they are eager to have it as well.

In fact I would like to gift it to one or two of them ASAP.

So... can we have it on Steam soon? Please ED and Aviodev? :)

Oh, and Merry Christmas! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I hope too. After learning the L-39 the C-101 would be a nice step into the western part (Well, I fly the big western jets, but I like the small/simple trainers for... training).

I haven't bought it yet since I like to keep my modules/games in one library (Steam) :)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Excellent, hopefully that will translate into more unit sales for Aviodev :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Any news on steam release and price? I would be great if it is there next week, since there is the lunar new years sale.

I want that too. But until now, there are no Lunar New Year sale on Steam, so if C101 will be on Steam, will be on full price.

:pilotfly: :joystick:

But the C101 is already on sale at ED store .. it will not be fair for those DCS customers that are stuck on Steam :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

This will be the initial offering of the C-101 to steam. If it's done during a sale all the people who would buy it would get it now and Aviodev would be out of significant profits. This way breaks ot up into the groups who are willing to pay full price and thise who aren't maximizing profits. That may not sound nice to the consumer but it's what it takes for buisnesses on raxor thin margins to survive. Especially when you consider steam takes a steep cut. Another sale will come around, you'll just have to wait a few months.

I understand your arguments and that's what I will do, wait for another sale.

But if you think with another perscpective, the DCS: C101 hype is now, with some reviews from Spudknocker and Mudspike...

Many people would buy the module now on sale.

With full price maybe they dont and they will save their money for the F-14 or Mig -19.

My point is, some users could end with C101 and F-14 now or just the F14 some months later.

And AvioDev would only get more users and profit on another sale. So why delay those profits?

:pilotfly: :joystick:

C-101 was released on Steam today (14-Feb-2019).

Excellent, I'm glad for Aviodev :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/316966/DCS_C101_Aviojet/