Free face tracking - No lamps, reflexes or anything - that WORKS!

Hi

When i disable test mode after installing it I can no longer run PPJoy

Thanks

PPJoy works in test mode only, do not disable test mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thnks daniel

I figured that out after playing around last night. I can now see the ppjoy column in game, however with the settings given in the guide I still get no head tracking. I still get the errpr when i attempt to start face api through facetrack and there doesn't seem to be a video feed going into facetrack?

When the guide says install face API exactly what file does this refer to.

Hi Daniel it would be great if you could post some quick guide just like i did, how to setup and run ppjoy.

Thanks Jan

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

hello,

i just got myself FacetrackNoIR and JoyPP. To make it short, FNT seems to be working fine, but i have trouble getting the data into Windows, let alone DCS:A-10. Since i'm running the 64-bit version, PPJoy is my only option.

What i did:

Set FNT to Virtual Joystick

Set up a Virtual Joystick with 6 axis', 3 movement and 3 rotation.

Start FNT

Go into the gamecontroller settings

try and calibrate the virtual joystick using my head

failing.

For instance, after calibration, x- and y-axis appear to be swapped, rotation is only recognized for the y-axis (pitch)...

Also, PPJoy is giving me a Virus/Malware alert (using Kaspersky 2010)... Any advice on either of my problems would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gneckes

hello,

i just got myself FacetrackNoIR and JoyPP. To make it short, FNT seems to be working fine, but i have trouble getting the data into Windows, let alone DCS:A-10. Since i'm running the 64-bit version, PPJoy is my only option.

What i did:

Set FNT to Virtual Joystick

Set up a Virtual Joystick with 6 axis', 3 movement and 3 rotation.

Start FNT

Go into the gamecontroller settings

try and calibrate the virtual joystick using my head

failing.

For instance, after calibration, x- and y-axis appear to be swapped, rotation is only recognized for the y-axis (pitch)...

Also, PPJoy is giving me a Virus/Malware alert (using Kaspersky 2010)... Any advice on either of my problems would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gneckes

This is exactly my experience as well. I have spent a LONG time trying to get the axis figured out, but finally had to set it to the side out of frustration. Hope someone can chime in with what is working for them with PPJoy.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just had a bit of an idea... is it possible to run the x86-version under win 7 x64? as far as i can tell, it's all there in the install folder (got it through steam). Because if so, we could use that TIR fixer program and be good (i hope).

maybe we should try to ask this guy who got it working

dRO-uLLswYU

Edited by jctrnacty

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Just had a bit of an idea... is it possible to run the x86-version under win 7 x64? as far as i can tell, it's all there in the install folder (got it through steam). Because if so, we could use that TIR fixer program and be good (i hope).

YES you can. Install DCS A10C and set the 32 bit setup file in the install setup. When you finish the install the program create two folders. One for 64 bit and one for X86 . You apply the trakirfixer in the x86/bin.... and you run the DCS with the program x86. Now you use 32bit version for w7 64bit. It's work i try that.

But now i have the Tir5

Edited by harleyblue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YES you can. Install DCS A10C and set the 32 bit setup file in the install setup. When you finish the install the program create two folders. One for 64 bit and one for X86 . You apply the trakirfixer in the x86/bin.... and you run the DCS with the program x86. Now you use 32bit version for w7 64bit. It's work i try that.

But now i have the Tir5

Hm, when i try to start the game straight from the folder instead of thru Steam, i get an error about not being able to open MissionEditor\MissionEditor.lua

Edited by Gneckes

Hi Daniel it would be great if you could post some quick guide just like i did, how to setup and run ppjoy.

Thanks Jan

You can find my guide in this thread, message #88.

Anyway, I'll post a video guide.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

daniel, your tuto works, but axis are a mess, like joy_RX should control something else, and i cant figure out.

all i managed to figure out is that camera is centered looking to the right side, i move my axis in the 6 degree,s and it doesnt seem to yaw at all, when i yaw my head, camera moves in X axis, when i move my head in Z axis, camera pitches, and when i move my head in Y axis, camera rolls. doesnt do anything other than that.

Edited by fael097

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Thanks daniel, with your tutorial i've managed to get tracking into the game. However, i seem to have the same problem as fael, that is, tracking is not acting as expected. I assume the problem is due to bad calibration of the virtual joystick, but calibrating it again hasn't solved the problem.

Any advice on that?

You can donwload my video guide here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/461098523/head_tracking.avi

I hope you find it useful. :joystick:

fael097, Gneckes, try to calibrate the virtual joystick.

Bye

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anything else?

Yes...

are you using FaceTrackNoIR v130 + update v150 + bug fix for EWMA filter?

Can you see smooth movements for all 6 axes in Windows after calibration?

It is hard to understand what is wrong when all the 6 axes are active.

In A-10C, try to add the axis control to ppjoy one by one. Maybe you can start with x-rotation and see if it works, then add y-rotation and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know, I got the patches and everything. I'll try adding axes one by one, maybe this way i can figure out what's happening.

Oh, and do i need to place the camera straight center, or is some off-centerage fine?

Greetings all!

Bought a Logitech C-250 Webcam from TigerDirect today for less than $20.

Followed this thread and installed PPJOY_0846, FaceTrackNoIR_1.3 w/Upd5.

Not sure about staying up and running DCS A-10 w/ Win7 Test mode, but I must say my virtual cockpit SA just went off the chart! Very pleased with this new capability. Still trying to tamp down the head movement settings, but overall, I give this hardware config a resounding SIERRA HOTEL! Now, off to try this out with a squadron mate in multiplayer.

My system specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-core 1.6 GHz

4GB Ram

GeForce 450GTS

Acer T230H Touchscreen LCD

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

Logitech C250 USB Webcam

Thrustmaster T-Stick Hotas

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've tried with only 3 DOF for now (rotations only, since i thought these would be more useful to have), and results are already MUCH better. I think it's pretty much down to tweaking curves now! :)

Once i get comfortable with that, i'll try adding the other axes.

Oh, and do i need to place the camera straight center, or is some off-centerage fine?

It's fine, just place the camera before you start FaceTrackNoIR.

Keep in mind that room illumination is very important.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SOmeone says that he has camera under monitor and its better to have it there than above monitor. i have it on the monitor without any problem.

Definitely its good to begin with default settings and then save it as a-10 ini.

Right now i am running facetrack under ROF, BS and Cliffs of dover and i must say that its running quite the same as with trackir 4, the only problem is with zooming. Well because I didnt try to set it up.

Setting profiles and curves is pretty easy so we can share our profiles here in forum.

I will try to make a detailed facetracknoir guide in pdf and post it here.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

having some issues with this. so i installed noir, facetrack api, and ppjoy and played around with it. my computers virus protection kept recognising ppjoy as a trojan (avg and adaware) but it seems that the consensus on tinternet was that it is not so i followed the installation anyway.

Since installing i have had a couple of BSOD's whilst playing portal2 and a-10 all since this ppjoy malarky so i uninstalled ppjoy; i notice that all the drivers still remain in the system 32 folder but i want to eliminate all trace of ppjoy so i can be sure that a) it was causing the problem or b) it is not. The stop error is labelled DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, does anyone know if i can just delete the ppjoy drivers from system 32 without destroying/compromising my system?

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

I will try to make a detailed facetracknoir guide in pdf and post it here.

That would be really nice of you! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

I finally got all this working, took a good bit of work to figure out the axis. Still seeing a lot of jittering when I am trying to look at a panel. Anybody else experience this? Any solutions? I will keep tinkering with the filters/curves/etc. But no way I could do a startup with the jitteryness, buttons keep moving all around!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]