Free face tracking - No lamps, reflexes or anything - that WORKS!

I think the technology is there for VR HMDs now especially with the OLED screens around. But we're back to wearing something (possibly cumbersome or uncomfortable) on your head again. Not to mention the headaches you'll get from having a full colour, hi-res screen and inch from your eyes.

Personally, I'd like something along the lines of this

Only 2 HD 1080p projectors were used. When higher def affordable projectors come mainstream then you'll be sweet. I guess it might take up just a little more room than a HMD though...hehe.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK this looks cool... Im installing it with a high end Logitech Orbit camera.... lets see how this does......

.... an hour later....

Well it works fairly well! I have been tweaking the resolution of the web cam from 640x480, 720x 480 and 2Mpix. Interestingly, the higher resolutions dont seem to make much of a difference (so far) and the FPS in the face track app stays about the same (~20).

Im having trouble understanding the EWMA thing but it does seem to help by enabling it and putting smoothing to zero.

Im trying to figure out how to increase the pitch in game... its pretty minimal. the yaw works surprisingly well. there is some low level drift so the view is a bit "fluid".

So far Im pretty impressed. Im gonna read up on the face track website to understand what EWMA does.

Jeff

Edited by jeffyd123

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

• 4 weeks later...

My wife already looks at me funny when I burst out with some strange noises when playing with headphones on. Or when I'm physically leaning with the virtual bank.

I think she'll have a tea party and have her friends come over to watch the ape flail his arms around if something like Kinect and these wishes are implemented. Very doubtful though.. be nice, we can only dream.

Is it safe to use ppjoy??? :helpsmilie:

AVG reports:

c:\Program Files (x86)\PPJoy Joystick Driver\PPJoyDLL.exe

Trojan Downloader.Agent2.AAYR

Infected

c:\Program Files (x86)\PPJoy Joystick Driver\PPJoyMouse.exe

Trojan Downloader.Agent2.AGHD

Infected

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

Looks like ppjoy it's no more available. Any other link to download it?

Quick guide to configure ABRIS and LCD mini monitor

Quick Countermeasure Editor v1.3.0

Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz | GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | ASUS GTX 670 | AOC LED 23" | AOC LCD 24" | HYBRID DUAL THROTTLE (SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT + SUNCOM DUAL THROTTLE) | CH FIGHTERSTICK | SAITEK PRO PEDALS |

Im on Vista 32bit, and didnt have to download ppjoy. It worked as soon as I installed. There is a new version of FTN. Then there is a beta 4, which gives FSX/FS2009 support and adds some other features. Seems like each update it gets better and better.

What game protocol are you using?

I am using Fake TrackIR protocol. You also have to d/l the trackir fixer on the first page. I would install the regular version of FTN, then update to the beta, more options to adjust the curves in the FTN interface.

Edited by DJ_J3ff

Hi,

it works with my 64Bit OS. :thumbup:

This is my configuration:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit version

Logitech Webcam C300

FaceTrackNoIR v130 + Update4

Seeing Machines - faceAPI

PPJoy 0.8.4.6

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

i tried this facetracknoIR with the PS3eye cause there were threads saying that it runs at 60fps.. not only that it did 29fps, but i thought it wasnt that great compared to trackIR...

this was tried a month and a half ago, i just used the facetracknoIR by itself, NO PPjoy involved..

those whoe had a good experience, please tell us, what you installed software wise, how u installed, and what webcam, you used..

THANKS

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Instructions for 64Bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium

1-Install PPjoy 0.8.4.6 as shown at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScuYfagMixU but do not deactivate Windows Test Mode or you won't be able to run and configure PPJoy.

2-In PPJoy create a virtual joystick and set it like this:

ppjoy1.jpg ppjoy2.jpg ppjoy3.jpg

3-Install the faceAPI

4-Install FaceTrackNoIR v130 and Update5. Ste "Face API" as Tracker Source and "Virtual Joystick" as Game protocol.

Check the "Invert" fields as shown, don't pay attention to the numeric values now.

ftnoir.jpg

5-Start DCS A-10C and you should see the new joystick.

CLEAR every field in PPjoy column and set the axis as shown here:

a10ce.jpg

At this point you can use your head. :)

Tip: to tweak your settings, run A-10C in a window, not full screen.

This way it is easier to change the settings in FaceTrackNoIR while you fly.

I hope this can help! :joystick:

Edited by Daniel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My webcam is a Logitech C300, I get 30fps with good lighting (30fps is the maximum for the C300).

I've never used TrackIR but FaceTrackNoIR works very well and it's free. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

To install and use ppjoy Windows must be set to test mode.

The video tutorial is not clear about that.

If you don't want to see the test mode watermark, open the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and select Remove Watermarks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There any solution in beta 5 to use the facetracknoir with fakeIR?. In my w7 64bit i try to remove watermark. But don't works. Work's fine only in test mode.Is there a problem to use windows in test mode when i use the DCS A10C?. Or any solution to work's ppjoy.? I try all. Thank's boy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok get facetrack running in black shark. after applying the patch for the dll. Unfort. I cant switch between full - and windowed mode anymore? Any ideas how i can switch back to windowed mode, cause I prefer this one to play this game.