Startup

Hello everyone

What a fantastic game. I am just about competent with the complex and awesome system, but the real beauty of this game is for me, the graphics!!! amazing

anyway, I have a small problem that I suspect is me being stupid.

I want to excercise my newfound engine startup skils, but on starting the campaign Deployment I think or the first one at least, the engines are running. Is there an easy way around this??

Thankyou

Warbird

From the Mission Editor open the desired .miz file in the Campaigns folder. Then find your flight and scroll to the first waypoint which will state "Takeoff from Runway". Change it to "Takeoff from Parking". Keep in mind that this will change the timing of your flight and may blow the mission. There are ways to fix that as well but now we are getting to graduate level mission editing so I'd stick with the simple stuff for now. Have fun.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Ok thanks. So I am guessing it wasn't just me being stupid?

If that is so, why the startup and shutdown tutorial??:cry:

Because many missions do start with the helicopter 'cold'. It's completely up to the mission designer. Both Deployment and the new version of GoW (Georgian Oil War) contain cold start missions. Also, generally you'll be starting cold in multiplayer.

Because it is at the mission/campaign maker's discretion whether the player enters the game with engine running or not (or in the air...), so sometimes you'll have to run through the startup to get in the air... (my personal preference is to make missions start from cold)

You type faster than me Slug88

Cheers.