Problems Updating (Unable to update)

Fig

Hey Guys!

So I went on a very long hiatus from DCS due to work so I just got back and I see there are several updates since my current version (1.5.6.1938 ). I tried using DCS Updater (including forcing update via command prompt but nothing happens... Even with my firewall down it still won't update. The update screen just shows then disappears then goes into game without updating. Any help on doing this? :)

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

• ED Team

could be your antivirus stopping it.

attach your autoupdate_log.txt from your dcs directory we can take a closer look

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here's the update log.. I've turned off my antivirus still no luck :( I'd like to add that i tried using the latest version of dcs updater too and it says that it "times out" or something like that...

autoupdate_log.txt

Edited by Fig

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

Ok quick update on this, i've uninstalled open beta and deleted everything in the open beta folder. Tried installing but when DCS updater runs, it still doesn't download the game:(

PINOY PRIDE!!!

• ED Team
Here's the update log.. I've turned off my antivirus still no luck :( I'd like to add that i tried using the latest version of dcs updater too and it says that it "times out" or something like that...

Yep, the log says

ERROR: Conection to server 'www.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Timeout was reached

If you can reach the server with your browser, then most probably the problem is in the firewall settings for the DCS_updater.exe

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Hey thanks for the reply :) Yeah I can reach the DCS website thru browser... Would you know how to adjust firewall settings for DCS Updater.exe? I have mcaffee and I disabled both firewall and real-time scanning while trying to update but still the same problem... unless there are other firewall settings in windows or something i don't know about..

Thanks for the help guys:) Hope I get this sorted out soon

PINOY PRIDE!!!

Ok, an update on this, went thru the FAQ on the main website and tried the ff:

try to Completely disable AV and Firewall and try again

try to manually change DNS server for IPv4 to free DNS from Google 8.8.8.8

try to flush DNS via the command prompt - ipconfig /flushdns (http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-flush-dns.html)

try to do a WINSOCK reset via the command prompt - netsh winsock reset

Did each and every one here still no luck :(

PINOY PRIDE!!!

Disable antivirus. While you don't know how to let dcs through the firewall. In the section guides and tutorials you see update. Revert and repair dcs. Do a repair and if it is right you are good to go.

After that do your settings on you mcaffee for dcs on your firewall.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Actually, I've uninstalled open beta and re-installed. However, as i tried running DCS for the first time (since re-install) when the download proper begins (thru DCS Updater) it still won't download...

This is after i've disabled my Mcaffee AV and Firewall...:(

PINOY PRIDE!!!

Repair please!!! Repair makes it download. My own experience.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Anyone know the update servers IP?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com is 87.98.182.202

But that may not be the update server.

He could try a tracert and see where it is stopping.

Open command prompt and type:

tracert 87.98.182.202

Then paste the results in here.

Also, Your virus program may have a firewall built in as well as the firewall in Windows Control Panel. Make sure you disable them both.

You can also disable anti-virus from starting at all if you want to make sure it isn't blocking anything. Go to: Start, Run, type: msconfig

Go to startup items and unselect your antivirus.

You can also go to Services and make sure the firewall is disabled too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did the tracert, attached are the results

tracert.jpg.4425ee0581a255cc5fe9a7beb30eeb5a.jpg

PINOY PRIDE!!!