pit building for the albatros

kadda

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello friends,

So on this photo two new elements ... The rack that takes all the arduinos, drivers and wires, the joystick for controling speed of steppers for manual zeroing and the double hexa encoder to select which arduino and which stepper i want to control , the hexa and joy are connected to one arduino then passing signals by tx7d3d23a33231109b66d18783091698d7.jpg

Envoyé de mon X5max en utilisant Tapatalk

With respect

Kadda

My works

TL-39 (NewGen) project (Ру)/(EN)

Yep... The i2c is between all of them for selecting card and the stepper that i want to manipulate as you can see on the last photo i sent it was a joystick and two little hex encoders

With respect

Kadda

My works

All instruments in the cockpit are connected and tuned, all buttons encoders and switches are working, all the lamps and lights are working... Just one thing i need to find is how to put all the covers open, or how to bypass them ... The only thing the i do with keybord now is opening them :(

Here s a photo of the calculator as i named it with boxing near by and installed fans for extra coolingb18e94206aec7557cb7526b1250e987d.jpg

With respect

Kadda

My works

That is a fantastic thing to behold! Incredible work Kadda.

I don't imagine you and I are the first ones with the covers problem, maybe someone has already found a solution?

thank you my friend for your kind words, i ve fine tuned all the instruments but i ve to change some steppers because they have not the required performances for example the variometer and the RPM indicators are a little to slow ...

about the covers, i ve already used some sollutions, i ve tested to put a little button under the cover to simulat the oppening and closing of the cover but it s a bad sollution for long time cuz the butons can stop working at any time ( it s a button !!!), the second sollution that i m gonna use ( i m a little shy about it ) it s that in ma sketchs i ve put some flags that rises with the begening of the simulation ( i know i m not using a programmer laguage sorry about that ), so the thing is to connect an MBEDINO that sends all the combos to open all the covers when it see the flag rise ... but i think that it s too big for this probleme, the best sollution is to make a little change in the lua, to change the default position of this "fwdturboswcover_ext" this is for turbo cover ...

With respect

Kadda

My works

All my Ka-50 covers had buttons under them to actuate them in DCS. Flew for years and not one malfunction.

L-39 does not need backlighting as cockpit lights are flood lights so I may use snap action switches under my covers if I do go that route. I also don't hear the switches like I did in the Ka-50.. that was a cool part of having the covers work. By not hearing it in the L-39, and not looking at the DCS pit, there is no need to have the covers work each time, just leave them open and let the actual physical covers prevent accidental switching.

I will repeat that the easiest way to make it work without buttons under the covers is to edit the auto start routine so it opens every cover and leaves them there (and nothing else). Very simple.

All my Ka-50 covers had buttons under them to actuate them in DCS. Flew for years and not one malfunction.

L-39 does not need backlighting as cockpit lights are flood lights so I may use snap action switches under my covers if I do go that route. I also don't hear the switches like I did in the Ka-50.. that was a cool part of having the covers work. By not hearing it in the L-39, and not looking at the DCS pit, there is no need to have the covers work each time, just leave them open and let the actual physical covers prevent accidental switching.

yeah, i did that way one cover, but it can be bypassed just by openning them by default or some how making possible the pushing of the button even when they are closed by changing some LUA, i will hear them and more than hearing i ll feel them because i ve real covers :), for now i m testing and fine tuning all the indicators ( 28 ), when i finish that i ll look at that seriously :).

I will repeat that the easiest way to make it work without buttons under the covers is to edit the auto start routine so it opens every cover and leaves them there (and nothing else). Very simple.

yes it s the plane by sending a commande via a small "Mbed" but what i said is that s i peaty, because of using a PROCESSOR to do i very simple trick ...

why Mbed , because i started learning it and i ll try to write a library for it for DCSBIOS, a friend of mine who is programing for years, told me that the ARM is beter for those thing than ATMEGA ...

by the way, big THANK to [FSF]IAN for DCSBIOS, for his help and expertise

With respect

Kadda

My works

Can either of you guys show a picture of exactly how you installed your buttons actuated by the covers? I'm sure I can figure it out but it's always better to replicate something you know for sure worked well!

This is the method I'd prefer, due to my looking at the pit in VR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Can either of you guys show a picture of exactly how you installed your buttons actuated by the covers? I'm sure I can figure it out but it's always better to replicate something you know for sure worked well!

This is the method I'd prefer, due to my looking at the pit in VR.

One of these for example :)333c07eccae310ff5d68b1ac23493d9d.jpg

With respect

Kadda

My works

I can t show how i installed mine because i ve already took them away, it was invisible but olny the fact that i knew that they were there disturbed me ...

With respect

Kadda

My works

All my covers were scratch built and I left a concentric lobe near the pivot point to actuate the button or roller switch.

L-39 covers are different with a different type of pivot point. I have another idea on how to do it with them, if I do go that route. I will most likely just open them up with a macro when I set other controls like fuel shutoff position at startup time and not wire them up.

Easy peasy :)

Added later:

https://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=254&pictureid=5058

only picture I know of... you can see a red button just above a toggle switch as a cover was not added to one switch. Use normally closed buttons so they turn on when cover is opened. Button is right under pivot point and cam lobe does the work.

Edited by JG14_Smil