How do I use JSOWs?

Flightsimnerd

Tried and saw the same. Then I set up different pp for the different stations, and all worked well. In short: 2 jsow on each of the inboard pylons, and you make 2 pp per station - worked like a charm for me.

Remember to switch between the pp when firing, though

That's what I did. But dropping the first JSOW blanked the PP target data for all the others. I had set up different PPs for each station, and did try to switch PP between drops as usual. BUt the PPs were blanked after the first drop. Stepping through stations and / or PPs had no effect , all blanked after first weapon dropped.

• ED Team

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Multi-Target Mission Attacks (JDAM / JSOW)

In the open beta this week we changed/improved the functionality to conduct multiple attacks using the JDAM and JSOW. You can now set targeting for each weapon and assign the weapons to a single mission (MSN) if you wish. This allows you to attack multiple targets without having to change Pre-Planned missions.

This video is a quick instruction of how to do this.

Thanks

You aren't exactly able to release them all at the same time, but just in extremely rapid succession without having to fiddle with anything on the stores page in between releases.

Do you need to switch PP1, PP2 and PP3 manually as before? I can't watch the demo video now. Can you tell me what's different from before?

JSOW Error/Bug?

I was trying out the JSOWs on an MP Server, I plugged in Precise WP's in PP Mode went through 1 2 3 and 4 took off got with in range had PP1 selected and dropped it and then it cleared all the waypoints including PP1. Is this an error on my part or a bug? feature?

That was some of the best flying I've seen to date...right up to the part where you got killed

each pylon has it's own MSN target set.

the procedure is now PP1 - PP1 pickle pickle PP2 pickle PP2 pickle, so it's a bit faster than it used to be, especially for releasing two bombs, where it's almost instant.

Feature. It is now correct - each station has its own set of 6 PP points. You can use the STEP function to set each.

So i have to do PP1, Step, PP1, step and so on?

That was some of the best flying I've seen to date...right up to the part where you got killed

it automatically steps, but it does not automatic assign new mission targets.

to set it up, you must set the missions for each pylon, so you set up the 2 targets for one pylon, STEP, set up the two targets for the next pylon, STEP, until you have targets for every pylon.

then, set all pylons to PP1, pickle until you are back to the first pylon, then PP2 pickle step PP2 pickle step PP2 pickle step etc.

it automatically steps, but it does not automatic assign new mission targets.

to set it up, you must set the missions for each pylon, so you set up the 2 targets for one pylon, STEP, set up the two targets for the next pylon, STEP, until you have targets for every pylon.

then, set all pylons to PP1, pickle until you are back to the first pylon, then PP2 pickle step PP2 pickle step PP2 pickle step etc.

Wish i knew that before hand! Thanks

I've test Too with the A with no bugs.. only thing I would add is that the waypoint you attack in the mission editor set alt to 0 and it will default back to the base alt that is on the ground for that W/P , for EG.. set to 0 and then click on the map and it will show alt 16ft

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

JSOW AGM154 A Question

I had some successful tests tonight though I am tired of entering coordinates until my eyes cross :doh:. My understanding is that the A variant has the BLU-97/B munition. From Wikipedia (I know, I know, not the best, but this is quick and dirty :))

The BLU-97/B Combined Effects Bomb is the submunition used in several cluster bomb type weapon systems. When the bomblets fall, they separate from the main bomb and independently free fall to the ground. They contain an inflatable bag (ballute) on the top of them, which slows them down and spreads them out. Once the bomblets reach a force of 6 Gs they arm themselves. As the bomblets fall, they are also spinning. Arming takes about 2.6 seconds. They have a combined shaped charge, fragmentation and incendiary effect on the target. It is very effective against and mainly used for anti-personnel, anti-materiel, and anti-armor.

Given what is above, shouldn't this be able to destroy SAM sites with a burst height of 900 ft?

Shot 8 off at a Hawk site tonight with no kills (I did screw up the launch so 4 targets got two As a piece). Changed them to C variant 8 kills (with proper drop) @ 50 miles. Coordinates for them were the exact same.

Am I missing something?

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

How does JSOW Auto Loft work? I played around with it tonight but could never get the weapon to release. What do the 45/30/15 sub-options do? Are these loft profiles in degrees that you must pull-up to in order to release the weapon?

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

So the thing that caught me out ... make sure you select AG master mode BEFORE selecting the JSOW on the stores page. Took me ages to figure that out, thank goodness for Wags' videos.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I set up 2 SAM Sites and 2 AAA in a quick test and took them all out with one JSOW-A each, only difference was I was using TOO mode.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Man, entering 8 coordinates is hard. Was able to hit 8 targets, but I have a question: I noticed that the order of stations(STA N)/missions(PP M) is different when you entering data and switching with STEP and when you actually launching JSOW. Say I enter coordinates in following order for 8 JSOW: STA8-PP1, STA2-PP1,STA7-PP1,STA3-PP1,STA8-PP2,STA2-PP2,STA7-PP2,STA3-PP2,but when I switch back to PP1 and then launching the order is: STA8-PP1,STA2-PP2,STA7-PP2...

It makes it harder to track from what station and which target JSOW has been fired on. Is it just me doing it wrong?

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

Man, entering 8 coordinates is hard. Was able to hit 8 targets, but I have a question: I noticed that the order of stations(STA N)/missions(PP M) is different when you entering data and switching with STEP and when you launching JSOW. Say I enter coordinates in following order for 8 JSOW: STA8-PP1, STA2-PP1,STA7-PP1,STA3-PP1,STA8-PP2,STA2-PP2,STA7-PP2,STA3-PP2,but when I switch back to PP1 and then launching the order is: STA8-PP1,STA2-PP2,STA7-PP2...

It makes it harder to track from what station and which target JSOW has been fired on. Is it just me doing it wrong?

I feel the pain regarding entering coordinates. I hope we will be able to enter coordinates in data cartridge preflight when its available.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I feel the pain regarding entering coordinates. I hope we will be able to enter coordinates in data cartridge preflight when its available.

Try this in the meantime - https://github.com/Santi871/DCSWaypointEditor/releases. You can capture way points from the F10 map and then it can enter them into the Hornet for you (while you start up or even while you take off and head to the target). Great for the JSOWs. He's going to update it to take account of the new PP functionality, but it works great at the minute with TOO.

JSOW in TOO mode always miss

Hi all

been trying to implement JSOW C's in TOO mode according to Matt's video - but the JSOW"S always overshoot or fall short of the TGT by a 100 meters or so.:cry:

what am I doing wrong here?

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10