LANTIRN Control for Pilot

VampireNZ

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, boys, lots of emotions flying high.

I said it many times, I will say it again: luckily the world is a big enough place for all of us, for all our different opinions and stylez.

That said, once Jester lantirn comes, we will introduce another fix, which mitigates the loss of RIO/jester due to disconnection online, and reach back mods simply will not work anymore.

For us, of course, please understand, it is much more important to have Jester Lantirn work and to improve Multicrew stability than to leave it as is, so that reach back mods could work.

This is simply a reality that is coming and that I cannot sugarcoat for you unfortunately, as much as I would like to, and as much as we understand how benefitial the Lantirn mod is for some of you. Hence we are holding back on these fixes until Jester Lantirn is finished, so that you can continue to use it.

I'm sorry about this, but I do not want you to have false hopes. Mods that allow the pilot to use RIO controls simply won't be possible anymore. It was never intended to be like that.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Oh my, boys, lots of emotions flying high.

I said it many times, I will say it again: ...

I'm sorry about this, but I do not want you to have false hopes. Mods that allow the pilot to use RIO controls simply won't be possible anymore. It was never intended to be like that.

It would rather happen!

The uniqueness of this aircraft in the DCS world consists precisely in the fact that it allows the use of a multi-crew.

And as soon as this opportunity appeared, everyone was overjoyed, loud applause rang out and ... everyone started asking to turn on the ability to control a two-seater airplane from one cabin.

Where is the logic? Why do you need a two-seater airplane in that case?

If you want to use laser weapon - let you fly on F-18. And please do not touch F-14. :doh:

Being able to control a Jester more flexibly would be great. But to turn Tomcat from a fighter into some kind of misunderstanding - no, thank you.

It should leave double-sits airplane with shared responsibilities between crew members.

This is his charm.

Common Heatblur! Please do what IronMike said ASAP! :thumbup:

And really

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

for this brilliant airplane.

As soon as F-14B appeared in the DCS world I fly exclusively on it!

Tomcat has everything to make the flights interesting, varied, not boring and bring amazing positive emotions for each pilot after each successful return to the deck. And for this, it does not at all need to bring in something that really cannot be, but the players are asking!:music_whistling:

Edited by kievbsm

Did Heatblur already explain in detail how Jester will control the Lantirn? I find it more important to give feedback on their actual plans, because the current discussion about keeping the Lantirn mod will not change Heatblur's opinion sadly.

Since I do not want to take part in the current discussion I just put my opinion in a spoiler to whom it may concern:

I personally find that little "cheats" are ok to compensate the inabilities of the AI, because the AI itself is not realistic anyway and hence the realism argument against the Lantirn mod does not really count here. Only if Heatblur will make Jester surprisingly well to act like a real human without any AI quirks, it would be no problem to break that mod, but I believe this is not very likely. I am not trying to say anything bad against Heatblur, because I have never seen any developers in any game/sim who are able to create a good AI.

Edited by Tiramisu

Did Heatblur already explain in detail how Jester will control the Lantirn? I find it more important to give feedback on their actual plans, because the current discussion about keeping the Lantirn mod will not change Heatblur's opinion sadly.

No, they haven't gone into any details so far.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

because the current discussion about keeping the Lantirn mod will not change Heatblur's opinion sadly.

Maybe I need to be more clear: it is not about opinions. But the natural evolution of what is to come will simply not allow for RIO inputs being modded for pilot use. We have nothing against the lantirn mod, if someone prefers to play mods like that, that is totally cool by us. We are not implementing stuff that allows reach back functions, that doesnt mean that we have something against mods that do so. But it simply will not be possible anymore, whether we like or not. This is what I would like all of you to understand, so that there won't be disappointment later on. It is not a matter of if, it is just a matter of when - even if we wanted to keep the lantirn mod. It just won't be possible anymore. Sorry to disappoint, but bad news are best delivered right away. My apologies if this was not clear enough and in return sparked this discussion.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Maybe I need to be more clear: it is not about opinions. But the natural evolution of what is to come will simply not allow for RIO inputs being modded for pilot use. We have nothing against the lantirn mod, if someone prefers to play mods like that, that is totally cool by us. We are not implementing stuff that allows reach back functions, that doesnt mean that we have something against mods that do so. But it simply will not be possible anymore, whether we like or not. This is what I would like all of you to understand, so that there won't be disappointment later on. It is not a matter of if, it is just a matter of when - even if we wanted to keep the lantirn mod. It just won't be possible anymore. Sorry to disappoint, but bad news are best delivered right away. My apologies if this was not clear enough and in return sparked this discussion.

I'm OK with giving up pilot LANTIRN control if Jester turns out to work well. Looking forward to seeing how this will be implemented, and using it. The single player MP experience really needs Jester to work well.

I'm OK with giving up pilot LANTIRN control if Jester turns out to work well. Looking forward to seeing how this will be implemented, and using it. The single player MP experience really needs Jester to work well.

That's the plan, although "single player MP experience" is a pretty odd thing tbh. ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's the plan, although "single player MP experience" is a pretty odd thing tbh. ;)

Sometimes it's not a matter of choice but the possibilities, like I can play at night but have to keep silence thus making two-crew pointless. With Jester I can communicate.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Sometimes it's not a matter of choice but the possibilities, like I can play at night but have to keep silence thus making two-crew pointless.

I know those situations and when I enocunter them I just fly a single crew aircraft as I find it rather pointless to fly a two-crew aircraft then. But that's just me :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

I know those situations and when I enocunter them I just fly a single crew aircraft as I find it rather pointless to fly a two-crew aircraft then. But that's just me :)

I still prefer Tomcat, Jester is good enough companion.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Fair enough. Myself and Jester will probably never become friends, mostly because he's occupying my favorite seat :D

Tornado3 small.jpg