Thanks to the devs, 2.5.5 is apparently much more smooth

TwojaStara

This update is a big step forward. VR is even playable now. Keep em coming!

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Seems smoother here too. VR, O+. Thanks for the work...crossing fingers the VR improvements go even further. I'd rather give ED my money (for the next module, or two) than nVidia or AMD + Intel + Samsung, etc..for a faster computer.

Right on ! I can think of 4 modules i'd like to have right away , but am still saving for hardware improvements . If the VR optimisation hits , i'll purchase them instead of saving for a 1080ti .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

So, I finally got around to doing some actual testing between 2.5.4 (latest) and the new 2.5.5. I tested with the "Free Flight" Hornet instant action mission in the Caucasus with all of the same graphics settings (playing "2D" at 4K). My frames in 2.5.4 never dropped below 45 FPS when looking at the trees. In 2.5.5, I dropped to and stayed at 30 FPS at various times (I tested both without alt+enter-ing to full screen). When I did go full-screen, my minimums did rise in 2.5.5, but not higher than the minimums I was seeing in 2.5.4 at full screen during that test-go around. It really seems to be the new trees (or their shadows?) I use 'flat' shadows.

Just hoping that the VR optimizations going forward won't be at the expense of us 2D playuhz. :-)

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I have a pimax 5k+ and after the new update my fps have dropped

-20 to -25% than before.

but the vr experience look smooth though.. Maybe the ingame fps counter in vr does not work properbly in vr.

It show im having 20fps but if that was true the game would "lag" however that is not the case it run smooth.

I always run the f18c instant action mission where im parked in the airport and use that as reference and i tweak the settings ect.

amd ryzen 7 2700x ( 3700mhh 8 cores and boost 4500 )

32gb 3200ddr 4 ram

m.2

nvidia 2080rtx card. ( it could be its a driver issue with low vr performance vs what it show in fps previously.. I had to format my pc and now it will only install drivers via geforce experience, while before I could download it manualy and install it.

Slight performance increase for me followed by a drop in FPS to <10 in certain circumstances. NOT good, they broke something...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Shouldn't take more than a month, or two give or take. You can convert Stable into Beta with some config edits but I still haven't looked into that as never tried it myself yet.

Not all the fixes are in yet in the beta anyway and as always it can be buggy especially with a new branch like this.

Unless you purposelly want to beta test for feedback.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

this looks like a great step up so I will patiently wait for the stable version.
Agreed I await for the release version too, the beta is getting plenty of kudos.

Sent from my SM-T395 using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.