Question about future fulcrums in DCS

I’m sure ED would love to do a study version of the Mig-29 or Su-27/33 ... the problem lies on getting authorization from the Russian Government, so right now there is no chance of it happening.

On the positive side, Razbam is developing a Study level MiG-23, not sure if it will be ready this year or not, but it surely is coming :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
I would love a newer Mig-29 variant, preferably high fidelity but even an fc3 version would be welcome as long as it has a pfm not sfm.

? .. the MiG-29 has had a PFM since the second semester of 2018 ... take a flight test if you want to check it :)

afbyd10D4l4

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Actually in the FC3 group, the Russian birds are very well done both visually and flight model. I have heard others call them "low fidelity". I respectfully disagree. The clickable cockpit is not what its all made up to be in my opinion...and I have many other modules. I wish I had my money back on a few of them too.

I really wish that ED could find some way to maybe get us a MiG-29 K or KUB.

Actually in the FC3 group, the Russian birds are very well done both visually and flight model. I have heard others call them "low fidelity". I respectfully disagree. The clickable cockpit is not what its all made up to be in my opinion...and I have many other modules. I wish I had my money back on a few of them too.

I really wish that ED could find some way to maybe get us a MiG-29 K or KUB.

Since the last Simple Flight Model died last year with Mig-29 and C-101 updated with PFM, the "low fidelity" relate only to Standard Systems Modeling, which means all the radar, radio, navs, electrics, hydraulics, fuel, etc. are simplified and the pit is not clickable.

Nothing newer than a russian Mig-23 in the coming years. The hope lies in 3rd party devs now.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I’m sure ED would love to do a study version of the Mig-29 or Su-27/33 ... the problem lies on getting authorization from the Russian Government, so right now there is no chance of it happening.

Read that Su-33 will be leaving active naval service soonish.

Replaced by carrier versions of MiG29/35

Which could make it more accessible.

also

I recently noticed something that caught my attention.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_v-iJaWRzXoPrKKi8KCwfpAgr6kMBYjw

How long is this the case?

That state is often used as a tax heaven.

It is just speculation, but still...

And when looked at this from position of companies like RAC MiG, JSC Sukhoi

or Russian gov.

It wouldn't be surprising if that is playing a role as well.

Edited by DirkLarien

ED's HQ has been in Switzerland for a while. It's not really relevant, as the bulk of their staff is still in the RF.

Not for customers in general, no.

:huh:

Yet it could be fairly relevant for company which holds rights to property.

This company might think twice if approached by other company, which wants to reproduce their product in a game, while at the same time using legal loopholes to avoid paying income tax in that state of operation.

And when government is involved, this becomes very relevant.

Not judging, its up to everyone to decide how they feel about it.

Just stating it could be one of the reasons why we don't have in DCS more Russian developed military aircraft.

Edited by DirkLarien

I meant, that the bulk of their staff is in the RF. Meaning, whether the ''company'' can pursue whatever by European standards, most the people actually doing the work still reside in the Russian Federation. In other words, they are still subject to the whims of the RF bureacracy. This general topic has been discussed ad nauseum

Gaijin, the War Thunder devs (also based in Russia), used to complain about how stingy the government was with documents on 1940s prop planes, because they still consider them ''military technology''. All this ''works of art'' stuff people quote doesn't really apply in Russia, where you are subject to the whims of the government, and if you live there, you face consequences for defying them.

For example, a while back ED mentioned in passing the government had explicitly forbidden them to make an Su-24 sim. That means you will *never* see one, at least not from Eagle Dynamics, because most their people live there and are subject to reprisal. 3rd parties that don't live there may be a workaround. They may not, though, if the government decides to hold ED accountable for it.

People tend to look at these things through 'westerner eyes'... which doesn't apply to how things work over there.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2