CUSTOM RWR SOUNDS

DCS FIGHTER PILOT

It should be the same for every contact. It's not primarily for identifying the type of entity spiking or nailing you, its to identify that there is something spiking or nailing you. The database for types of radar is basically an added plus. Look at the Viggen; It just has lights to tell you from what direction and if a lock is acquired on you. doesn't matter if its friendly or hostile. Hope this helps!

The ALR-67 RWR has 5 tones;

MA = Missile Alert = You're being locked

ML = Missile Launch = There's a missile being guided towards you

Special Alert = (not too sure about this one)

Status Change = increase in the threat level of a threat

Waterfall = New AI threat

The tones in game are correct to the real aircraft. See Beamscanner's thread here for more - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197024

Edited by al531246

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

The tones in game are correct to the real aircraft. See Beamscanner's thread here for more - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197024

That link is dead, unfortunately - do you happen to know what the title was?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

That link is dead, unfortunately - do you happen to know what the title was?

The link was valid last night, so it looks like the thread from 2018 been deleted under rule 1.16 as it described the tones (audio frequencies), logic and timing of the AN/ALR-67 RWR's audio.

IIRC

Beep = new non-fighter contact or increase in threat (threat band change)

short waterfall tone = new fighter contact

repeating beep = SAM/fighter lock

different repeating beep = SAM missile launch

I don't know if the described logic is correct, IIRC the waterfall tone is missing in DCS.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080