VR no steam?

Bobik2002

The Rift / upcoming Rift S won't use SteamVR. Everything else (as far as I'm aware) does - from Vive/Vive Pro, to Windows MR headsets, to Pimax and the upcoming HP Reverb and Valve Index. You don't need to use DCS on Steam though just because you're using SteamVR - you can use the standalone install of DCS with SteamVR, it'll automatically start when you launch the game.

• 2 months later...
can i play dcs in virtual reality without steam VR?

Still thinking about buy VR

To overexplain...

Occulus headsets have native support in DCS. So either they autostart or you launch them from the occulus menu.

HTC Vive, uses Steam VR to launch DCS (AFAIK)

WMR headsets, use WMR, then SteamVr to run DCS (clunky interface thus far). Wags mentioned they would look into native support for WMR.

You can use either DCS standalone or steam DCS with any of the headsets. If you have standalone DCS you need to get steam and download steamVR, but you don't have to run steam DCS.

Clear as mud hopefully. :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

hi

you could start dcs in VR without staring the steam client. Go to your Program files / steam / steam apps / common / steam vr / tools

There is a exe called tools make a short cut. Steam Vr will open an you could start DCS without steam :)

hi

you could start dcs in VR without staring the steam client. Go to your Program files / steam / steam apps / common / steam vr / tools

There is a exe called tools make a short cut. Steam Vr will open an you could start DCS without steam :)

I see no such exe??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2