F-5E-3 Upgrade with TAC upgrade kits

The easiest upgrade is lau-100(m) and lau-101(m), no needs in additional switches or cockpit changes, just a new pylons and some changes in missiles logic.

http://tigercenturyaircraft.com/upgrade-kits/aim-9lm-missile-kits/

AERIAL REFUELING MODIFICATION KIT, not so easy because 1 additional switch needed.

http://tigercenturyaircraft.com/upgrade-kits/f-5-aerial-refueling-modification-kit/

And the hardest one, http://tigercenturyaircraft.com/upgrade-kits/f-5-agility-enhancement-kits/

New LEX, changes in model and of course in a flight model.

Any chances for this, or another F-5E upgrade, coming with MAC? What BST said about Mavs, any news on apg-159 1 or 2 versions documentation?

These were all Export Options, the DCS: F-5E is a re-creation of a Domestic USAF F-5E-3

No AGM-65, No Refueling Probe, No Upgraded LAUs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It is not a export option, all this thing can be applied for any F-5, even for A/B

We didn't get a mavs because there is no documentation on radar screen, not because it's "only export option", don't know where you found this point from bst devs about export and US tigers.

As i know we still have a little chances for agm-65, but for now all BST devs working with ED on F-18, and can't spend time on F-5. When f-18 will be finished, we may get an update.

It is not a export option, all this thing can be applied for any F-5, even for A/B

We didn't get a mavs because there is no documentation on radar screen, not because it's "only export option", don't know where you found this point from bst devs about export and US tigers.

As i know we still have a little chances for agm-65, but for now all BST devs working with ED on F-18, and can't spend time on F-5. When f-18 will be finished, we may get an update.

F-5E-3 has actually feature complete.

The Options were part of the F-5E Export Program,

The USAF Didnt Pursue Refueling Probe, or AGM-65 in their F-5E's.

They did test Flights w/ Dummy AGM-65s on F-5Fs, but the Capability was never deployed to the fleet.

Taiwan is the Country Most Noted for AGM-65s on their F-5Es, but they also Upgraded theirs over the Domestic USAF Version.

No USAF F-5E Ever Carried and Deployed/Fired an AGM-65.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

And the hardest one, http://tigercenturyaircraft.com/upgrade-kits/f-5-agility-enhancement-kits/

New LEX, changes in model and of course in a flight model.

I believe the DCS F-5E is a late production E model that already incorporates the enlarged LEX.

From the same link you posted:

When the dual-seat F-5F was developed, it initially used the same W4 LEX as the single-seat F-5E. However, initial in-service experience with the F-5F uncovered some unfavorable stability characteristics at high angles of attack. In order to eliminate these problems, some design changes were made to the aircraft. The forebody was redesigned and new radome was developed that was designated “Shark Nose” due to its distinctive contour that resembled a shark. The wing flap control logic was changed to add angle of attack (AOA) as a scheduling parameter along with airspeed/Mach. The new flap system was designated “Auto Flaps”. One part of the design change resulted in a new, slightly larger LEX that was designated W6 LEX that is seen in the figure at the left. These three (3) design changes were certified by the USAF as the “Improved Handling Qualities – IHQ Package”and were incorporated in the production configuration of all F-5F aircraft built after 1979. For production commonality reasons (not to solve a stability problem), the IHQ package was incorporated into the production configuration of all F-5E aircraft after 1979 also.

Cheers,

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

The only issue I've ever seen with the F-5 is that when locking a target with radar in missile mode the reticle doesn't indicate target direction. That was a feature in the later model radars but not in the earlier (same 40nm range) but I haven't seen this DCS module do that.

Minor things like CBU fuze modeling/adjustment, pitch trim is all I found that wasn't exactly what I expected. Oh and the TACAN monitor volume won't shut up or has a long delay until the volume knob has an effect.

Maybe the nose wheel steering would calm down if something was done about the auto sensitivity adjustment but I don't know how that would even be implemented.