*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

Who knows if they did not do it? I'm sure they brought the problem back to ED. We must not forget that some third party developers are not big companies, but small structures of less than 5 people. they do not do it for money, but often for passion.

Bringing up bugs is very good, but just saying "it does not work" is not very constructive ^^, especially when it has been done a good twenty times before.

for me, making the bugs go straight to ED qd they are concerned, is not something forbidden, on the contrary. I prefer to support polychop rather than to overwhelm it permanently.

I also remember that there are not 1 but 4 gazelles modules and that L modules mistral and minigun, are not unplayable if the viviane is dead. ^^

otherwise, other solution (the one I chose) I did not update the release (since it was easy to guess that the bugs viviane would be present) which allows me to fly with the gazelle without problem

Everyone has the right to express what they think and you are free to play 2.5.2 with rwr and Viviane off or 2.5.0 or 1.5.8.... I just think that polychop does not talk enough to the players ...

what I say is that one should not make a hasty judgment without having all the elements of reflection. why the first reflex is it to say that if they do not answer, it is because they do not care. polychop is a very small structure. they do not have a community manager, so, we can easily imagine that polychop people who answer, are the actors of development. in fact, they are probably not as available as us to go to forums.

when you want a response from them about a bug, increase your chances of getting an answer by giving a maximum of details about the conditions under which the problem occurs (version, multiplayer or solo, multicrew etc ...).

just saying "it does not work" is not a bug recovery. they can not exploit the information, if there is no data. and repeating it 100 times will not make things go faster ^^

we are in a topic that is used to the bug report not a topic to give his opinion (if it does not directly affect the operation of the gazelle) ^^

so yes everyone has the right to speak, but in the good topics ^^

OK...There seems to be a sound bug...

When starting the Gazelle...There is a momentary noise that sounds like a Motorcycle starting up...Then as the engine starts it there is a constant sound like a Diesel running at high RPM.

I'm guessing the second sound is supposed to be the Ducted Tail Rotor Fan but is it supposed to be that loud in the cabin?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I recently purchased the Gazelle in the most recent sale and have been enjoying every minute of it, however I've come across a pretty big issue. Every time I go into the gunner position during and after start up the aircraft never powers up. Once the pilot starts flying and moving It begins to spool up but spools down as the speed decreases so nothing powers up properlly rendering me useless. I've only had the start up be synced once, which was in a friends hosted server on Nevada, all other instances have been on Caucasus (if that means anything). Is this a known bug?

Fortunately you're here to teach us all that. Many thanks !!!!

apparently yes, thankfully! ^^

OK...There seems to be a sound bug...

When starting the Gazelle...There is a momentary noise that sounds like a Motorcycle starting up...Then as the engine starts it there is a constant sound like a Diesel running at high RPM.

I'm guessing the second sound is supposed to be the Ducted Tail Rotor Fan but is it supposed to be that loud in the cabin?

There have been recurrent sound bugs in the gazelle for a long time, despite the efforts of polychop to suppress them. but I have not yet been able to see what you are describing. can you give more details so that can try to reproduce the phenomenon? (version of the game and the device, multi or solo, conditions mission etc) simple curiosity on my part. it may also help polychop to better understand the origin of the problem. I know that some sounds were disabled (temporarily) because there were problems, that's why on the gazelle L the sound of the barrel is a canon sound by default. maybe your worries come from too

I recently purchased the Gazelle in the most recent sale and have been enjoying every minute of it, however I've come across a pretty big issue. Every time I go into the gunner position during and after start up the aircraft never powers up. Once the pilot starts flying and moving It begins to spool up but spools down as the speed decreases so nothing powers up properlly rendering me useless. I've only had the start up be synced once, which was in a friends hosted server on Nevada, all other instances have been on Caucasus (if that means anything). Is this a known bug?

UPDATE: So i've done more testing, it seems the pits synchronizing with each other is a fairly common problem. I tried the start up, all systems ready, then join, and it worked. Then we tried again no dice, however my copilot re joined and all of a sudden it was synched up again after not being synced. Then every attempt after it was back to being in the constant state of spooling up and spooling down

I put up the Campaign for the Gazelle and flew with a friend, first try it started up in sync first time, worked beautifuly (until I crashed and had to restart) We attempted again and of course it wasn't synced, which presented a new problem of the NADIR never being able to align. AIR would disappear but when ERR and NAV were supposed to disappear, AIR would come back on. Since the Gazelle on his end wasn't started, and he now has control of the NADIR, the NADIR would never align. Once he left and I was in control of the NADIR it aligned propperly with AIR ERR and NAV clearing. Is there a sure fire way to ensure both pits are synced or is it just a roll of the dice?

UPDATE: So i've done more testing, it seems the pits synchronizing with each other is a fairly common problem. I tried the start up, all systems ready, then join, and it worked. Then we tried again no dice, however my copilot re joined and all of a sudden it was synched up again after not being synced. Then every attempt after it was back to being in the constant state of spooling up and spooling down

I put up the Campaign for the Gazelle and flew with a friend, first try it started up in sync first time, worked beautifuly (until I crashed and had to restart) We attempted again and of course it wasn't synced, which presented a new problem of the NADIR never being able to align. AIR would disappear but when ERR and NAV were supposed to disappear, AIR would come back on. Since the Gazelle on his end wasn't started, and he now has control of the NADIR, the NADIR would never align. Once he left and I was in control of the NADIR it aligned propperly with AIR ERR and NAV clearing. Is there a sure fire way to ensure both pits are synced or is it just a roll of the dice?

This bug is definitely an issue. We fly the Gazelle quite a bit in our Squadron and the de-sync happens after the original aircraft crashes and a re spawn commences. Once pilot starts the a/c and allows co pilot entry the spooling sound repeats and many of the systems are out of sync between the two players, only a restart of one of the players fixes the issue, but having both players re enter the server is what we have been doing to avoid the issue.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

I'm curious if the Multi-Pilot issue is a result of Ping ?

I wonder if there shouldn't be a way to ensure that whoever jumps into the Co-Pilot's Slot has a Maximum Ping of "X" where "X" is set either by Polychop, DCS or the host Pilot ?

I would think that at the very least, this should "help" prevent the loss of Sync between pits.

On the other hand, it is unfortunate that the synced cockpits no longer works. It worked so well before ... at least for a little while.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I meet lot of bugs with multi-crew in the Gazelle. And all that problems is growing with times...before, it was playable...now, it's almost not playable...

Notice that : i did try lot of serveurs, with good ping for me (40 to 90 max) and with lot of friends, disconnection to reco, changing the slots, maps, even restarting DCS...etc... :

- The NADIR is not enligntened for the second pilot (captain), who have the control of it...

Only the pilot can see it "as ON" (enlightened) and can see the manipulation of the second pilot..but he don't control it. Not easy XD

- The autopilot master button is "jumping" to ON and OFF position verry verry fast, only in the second pilot (captain) view...for the main pilot, it look ok.

- The motor/rotor, don't start up for the second pilot (captain). It start up only when the pilot take-off XD...and it keep a verry low RPM...Sometimes it even stop...but the gazelle fly :)

Changing the Gazelle, and coming back fix the bug, but...only 2/3 seconds...if you do that, the motor shut down for the second pilot...only.

- All the instruments do not display the same thing for each pilots

- The RWR is ok for the pilot, but look like OFF (stay not enligntened) for the second pilot.

- The VIVIANE camera have a strange comportement for each pilot

All that make the Gazelle almost unplayable in multicrew, but sometimes it work pretty well !

All that problems is, sometimes, not here...after trying disco/reco, retart DCS, changing serv...it can work...but it can also stay bugged...

Edited by Mav783

I guess this is a bug. I've been able to lock other helicopters with the Mistral IR missile through solid terrain, like mountains and valley ridges.

I was on an ambush waiting for the enemy team to close by, and suddenly my Mistral got a lock tone. I zoomed in and there was nothing there, but the "lock" was definetly moving. After it got over the ridge, there it was, an enemy Mi 8.

I tested it again with friendly helicopters and I always got a lock no matter if I had line of sight or not.

I might be wrong, but this is not supposed to happen, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Description: Campaign Mission 2 -Give order at meatboy-1 to attack arty, IA doesn't attack arty and RTB :surrender:

DCS Version: 2.5.2

Steam: not steam version

Map: Caucasus

SP/MP: single player, official campaign, mission 2

Reproducible: I can reproduce this issue over and over again.

Step to Reproduce: 1.Follow all the waypoints 2. Eleminate the ennemy marked by the drone 3.Give order to meatboy-1

CMPGaz2VF.miz

AMD FX-8350 / Sapphire r9-290 trix OC / Asus CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z / 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz CL9 /SanDisk Extreme II 240GB /CH 568 Combatstick /Thrustmaster TWCS / Win10 pro 64

I'd like to refocus on the laser ranging issue. I've been playing SP and the laser range will often report an unrealistic value.

I usually check it before takeoff, but even after, the system will sometimes report a value less than 1000M when I'm lasing targets about 4KM out. Doesn't happen all the time.

The range displayed will show as obviously inaccurate and will remain the same no matter where I point the left-seat camera prior to lasing.

I find HOT 3 missiles self-destructing when the GPS says I'm at 3.8KM from my plot of the target coordinates, but the laser range gives me something erroneous like 286M.

Is this still being tracked as an issue?

Edited by Krondl

I'd like to refocus on the laser ranging issue. I've been playing SP and the laser range will often report an unrealistic value.

I usually check it before takeoff, but even after, the system will sometimes report a value less than 1000M when I'm lasing targets about 4KM out. Doesn't happen all the time.

The range displayed will show as obviously inaccurate and will remain the same no matter where I point the left-seat camera prior to lasing.

I find HOT 3 missiles self-destructing when the GPS says I'm at 3.8KM from my plot of the target coordinates, but the laser range gives me something erroneous like 286M.

Is this still being tracked as an issue?

Yesterday in game My friend and I has the same issue, after a moment ranging comes good for me with real value, but I don't know why, I just put all off then all on...

strange, it's completly knew problem for me, never had it before.

Have the same problem !!

Need to switch off and on bvc power / Ir power and camera selector

Gazelle SA 342 Trimmung does not function Cyclic .

Hello,

I fly in the current version beta DCS World Open the gazelle SAT. 342 Minigun.

The Trimmfunctionen for Nick and Pitch (Rolling) does not operate!

Moreover, the helicopter easily flies reverse.

I have assigned in the menu "Control" the functional counters once more, unfortunately, without success!

Importantly, with an airplane all Trimmfunction (aileron and height) are correct.

What is this for a problem? I need support.

Many thanks and Yours sincerely

helistar58

Hello,

I fly in the current version beta DCS World Open the gazelle SAT. 342 Minigun.

The Trimmfunctionen for Nick and Pitch (Rolling) does not operate!

Moreover, the helicopter easily flies reverse.

I have assigned in the menu "Control" the functional counters once more, unfortunately, without success!

Importantly, with an airplane all Trimmfunction (aileron and height) are correct.

What is this for a problem? I need support.

Many thanks and Yours sincerely

helistar58

Make sure force feedback (ffb) is off in your settings.

• 3 weeks later...

STILL engine sound bug when respawning after crashand starting engine!

this soundbug has been in for quite a long time now, gazelle engine/rotor RPM sound does NOT change anymore after respawning!!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@corel3

With regards to the copilot/weapons officer being able to slew the camera, please first check DCS Options / SPECIAL Tab / Select SA342 on the Left Side of the screen.

Then look at the list of option check boxes on the Right Side of the screen.

Make sure "SECOND JOYSTICK FOR CAMERA" is Unchecked (NOT Checked).

"I think" this is the difference between a single player doing both rolls versus having another human running the weapons while you fly.

Sometimes the "Second Joystick" option gets changed (checked) with Updates as it did a couple weeks ago.

I'm not sure about the other problems you are facing but they may not be bugs but rather Options Settings. Or ... they could be bugs ... who am to know. But the Second Joystick Checkbox should resolve your Camera Cursor problem.

SnowTiger:joystick: