[Nevada terrain] winter version planned?

Bourrinopathe

Hi there,

It's probably been discussed earlier, but I couldn't find the thread. Please, point me the way if you can.

Is there any plan to add a winter version of the terrain?

I'm perfectly aware it would be a tremendous amount of work and based on the ongoing priorities, a winter version seems logically unlikely (imho).

With the imminent Red Flag exercises starting basically just now, I was obviously wondering how the NTTR would look at this time of year.

I just googled "Nevada desert winter".

Just curious (not related to the "DCS wishlist" thread) :smilewink:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Is there much difference from winter to summer in the Nevada desert? There certainly isn't in my local desert (technically an arid zone for the MET guys). The only thing that changes the landscape is the occasional rains.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Ah. Thanks Phantom. :thumbup:

The thread has been moved in the "wishlist" but it was just a question really.

I'd infinitely prefer ED to polish the terrain, adding the improved ATC, the new cloud/weather system, grass and cluttering, airbases/airfields, and such before anything else.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Is there much difference from winter to summer in the Nevada desert? There certainly isn't in my local desert (technically an arid zone for the MET guys). The only thing that changes the landscape is the occasional rains.

I'm not familiar with the region but based on the pictures I found, there's snow.

20091031_vegas.jpg

A745BAE79FA563B3DCC59B4D41EAAC43.jpg

(mountains west of Las Vegas)

Vegas-mountains-7642.jpg

Red Rock Canyon valley just west of LV. (after a winter snow storm)

Edited by Bourrinopathe