VR controller Right Click!!!!

Echo179

Forgive me if this is old news, but I know how to right fricken click in VR now.

If you turn your hand over, the interaction pointer line turns blue. When you pull the trigger now, you will execute a right click. Not sure if this was recently implemented, or we just had to figure it out on our own, but there it is.

Delete if old news

Forgive me if this is old news, but I know how to right fricken click in VR now.

If you turn your hand over, the interaction pointer line turns blue. When you pull the trigger now, you will execute a right click. Not sure if this was recently implemented, or we just had to figure it out on our own, but there it is.

Delete if old news

Yeah that was implemented a little while ago - not very intuitive way of doing it though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Darn. Thought I had made the groundbreaking discovery. Lol

Lol, well you did for you!

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

yeah, thank you, I´m sure it will be useful for many users.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Why did they come up with such a cumbersome solution instead of just assigning a controller button to right click?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hi. Can anyone tell me, how to use the Oculus Rift Controller while flying?

Is it more comfortable to use VR Controllers than moving the mouse?

One hand is used completely by one controller. How do you touch your keyboard?

Is it worthwhile to use vr controllers?

Really is more a novelty than anything at this stage.

Kind of fun when sitting parked or even just cruising to flip switches and such, would be pretty difficult in the heat of combat with a HOTAS system.

Don B

the touch controllers smoke a mouse any day of the week. Much faster, much more efficient and its stupid to have things on your hotas that are not their in the real birds.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

With right-click now working on the touch controllers they are now very useful in the VR cockpit, so I have put holsters on the side of the chair for easy access.

Saves a lot of groping around if they are always in the same place. :)

The files for 3D printing are in the Input and Output'' thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216183

attachment.php?attachmentid=190257&thumb=1&d=1531983559 attachment.php?attachmentid=190258&thumb=1&d=1531983559

Edited by Terry Dactil

• 2 weeks later...

They are rubbish, use a HOTAS and VoiceAttack