To Install 2.1 Alpha or wait to update 1.5?

Given the fact that Nevada is about 36 GB big (yes, you read it right, that's thirty six, not three point six), and file transfer rates from ED servers are most likely going to go down the drain when the "new" terrain comes (they always have so far...), I'd say get the map now when the servers aren't busy.

Your 2.2 copy will serve as a local file repository for the 2.5 installer when it comes. Otherwise, be prepared for a few days of struggle trying to download everything at once.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Since 1.5 will not be updated to 2.5 (this will be a full new install) I think it depends on your intentions.

Consider that you possibly need to take over a lot of settings to a new more or less "temporary" 2.2 installation until 2.5 arrives end of the month. Maybe a lot of work for a few hours of play.

However if you have slow internet connection, downloading 2.2 right now will shorten the time to get 2.5 since this installer will basically coppy the whole map from your local hard disk if you have 2.2 installed and you dont need to download additional 36 GB during the "rush hour".

Just be aware that 1.5 will not be upgraded to 2.5 so you will need to download a very big chunk at some point in the near future and you will need to carry over you settings tp a new version. You can mitigate that with downloading the open alpha right now if that matters to you!

Edited by Ayindi