Hype is still up about this plane but you took a step back - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
Cotoi

Default Hype is still up about this plane but you took a step back

I do understand that the plane is not really finished, and it will take some time and work to put different systems in place. It is cool, I think we can all wait, but I really think you took a step back in 2 key aspects, and I do not expect any improvement in these areas:
1st compared with M2000 and there is no visual feedback on the Hotas when you press a hat-key or button. It is like I am in BMS again, trying to map stuff blindly... really bad experience.
2nd When M2000 was released I said that all other developers should take note on how you support pilots hardware, by allowing them to easily map switches. Now 1 module later, you went beck and said that there is no need to show the same attention to overall experience that players have with your plane.
I am sorry, but I am really disappointed by how you start reduce the quality of your products. the module is 70$ and some say it is a little on the expensive side, I got it and I would have payed even more. Simulators are an expensive hobby, so no body really wants something cheap or question the financial aspect, but you are showing that you are less interested in player's experience then before.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
assafm25

U not must to bay the product in WIP status.

Whait for the finsh and then deside.
I love it and enjoy it even with all the bad and the miss stuff.

Its great capability to DCS.
And great work by Razbam team.

IAF Bell205
IAF Anafa

-----------------------
DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR
-----------------------
My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.
-------------
Old 12-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
Maulkin

You might recall that when the Mirage was first released it did not have all the button mapping options available that it does now. Razbam added them over time. I expect the same will occur in this case.

Windows 10 64-bit - Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - ASUS Strix GTX 1080ti - Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus motherboard w/ onboard SoundMAX integrated audio - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - Altec Lansing 5.1 speaker setup - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Oculus Rift
Old 12-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
mvsgas
Veteran

I was able to map all HOTAS buttons, flaps switch, parking brake, speed brake etc. to my Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X with no problems. I still have plenty of button combinations left to add even more.

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6gb gddr 5, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
Old 12-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
zhukov032186

He's referring to ALL the switches, for example fuel pumps, etc. They're not listed in the keys.

Dude, calm down and be patient. All that stuff will come. You bought it within the first 2-3 weeks of early access. It's not finished yet. Stop complaining and come back in six months. What did you expect? "Took a step back"? No, it's an unfinished product. FFS
I do solemnly swear to strafe every pilot I shoot down, destructible or not, circumstances permitting, because reasonz. Opponents are advised to assume the position upon landing, or preferably, while still in the air.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #6
IzoAzlion

It's only been out two weeks! Stop whining OP.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
mvsgas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
He's referring to ALL the switches, for example fuel pumps, etc. They're not listed in the keys.
But why worry about those? You easily click on them with the mouse at the beginning and not need to touch them the rest of the flight. Even doing the startup checks, I do not see a point to assign them.

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6gb gddr 5, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
Old 12-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #8
Fri13

"Two Weeks".... That is the time when every module gets released in DCS!

I was as well little annoyed, by a second, when I noticed I couldn't see what function should be where in HOTAS. But why, when I don't have exact same HOTAS, and I can find elsewhere what is where in special cases and bind it close to the logic too!

In current state the Harrier is my favorite CAS aircraft after Su-25T. And when we get all the rest of the systems, probably becomes my favorite as I can't wait to get DMT to lock and track moving slow/fast objects like other aircrafts, get improvements to systems like the moving map etc.

It is just so amazingly nice that we got this for Early Access in this state before holidays and even in this state!

The most basics are there and... IT IS A FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!!!

The more amazing modules like Harrier I see, more I am angry that ED can't get the AI, ground units controls etc many other basic things implemented so one doesn't need to spend weeks to design and build a missions with some kind working missions.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #9
edineygomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsgas View Post
I was able to map all HOTAS buttons, flaps switch, parking brake, speed brake etc. to my Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X with no problems. I still have plenty of button combinations left to add even more.

Could you share the configuration file of your joystick ???
Old 12-10-2017, 09:30 PM   #10
Nero.ger

missing switches ?
->
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196622