Help needed with triggered waypoints for tanks

Don Rudi

Hi,

I am struggeling with a potentially pretty simple problem. Here is what I want to achieve:

A tank platoon is positioned at the southern river bank and shelling Batumi airport.

Upon a trigger it shall proceed over the bridge to the airport.

The trigger in the debug mission is activated after 60 seconds (in the mission it will happen when the player rearms at his FARP).

My problems:

- if I push the ai task to proceed to WP2:

up to 5 tanks will drive into the river before they form up behind the lead tank. Lead tank will then drive up to WP2 till he hits the road. He will remain there and not proceed any further.

- if I push ai task to proceed to WP3:

up to 6 tanks will drive into the river. Lead will eventually drive towards WP3 and continue to WP4 over the bridge. On the bridge he will veer of the bridge to the right and fall into the water. What follows is a spectacle of armoured submarines and magic bridge climbers.

- if I push ai task to proceed to WP4:

lead tank will drive ON the water underneath the bridge. Only tried with one tank, no idea what the platoon would do.

- if I push ai task to proceed to WP2 and at WP2 push the task to proceed to WP3:

lead tank will drive a few 100 meters towards WP3, then turn around and halt at WP2 again.

I am out of ideas, how to get this tank platoon over to the other side of the river after some shelling and would appreciate any help!

Cheers

Carsten

tank triggered waypoints.miz

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

push task to next waypoint has issues at times,

added a stop condition of flag 1 = true to the hold command

changed the time more trigger from push task to change flag 1 to true

but they will still move over the bridge after firing with out the hold command there

tank triggered waypoints - 1.miz

Edited by Quadrafarian

I7 8700K @ 5Ghz | 32Gb DDR4 | Strix 1080ti | Warthog Throttle + Stick on Virpil T50 Base | Omen 32"

Thanks so much guys, with the STOP condition it works fine, I just had to add the same stop condition to the Fire at Point action, otherwise they kept on firing.

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen