Now enjoying the "Tomcat over PG" campaign, with Tomsk's prune script working fine. Great stuff. I was wondering? What line do I have to edit to change my squadrons liveries? Currently all the F-14's fly CAG birds and I wan't to make some personal adjustments.

Also- using the "Prune" script to great effect, is there are way to KEEP static airfraft, like those parked on the carrier, while still using the script to fulll effect?

These campagins have been a huge boost to my enjoyment of offline DCS!:thumbup:

I'm glad you're enjoying it! To change the liveries, you have to edit the following:

Init/oob_air_init.lua

Line 189 (use Notepad++ to find this easily) you'll see the livery name.

Change that to the livery you want!

To use the correct name, go to your \DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\F14\Liveries\f-14b folder and use the livery folder name.

I was also wondering, since you're playing, what kind of missions have you played? Any strikes or ground attack? Anything other than a combat air patrol?

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

Thanks for the answer! Only CAP so far in 3 missions. (Played quite a few Hornet ones before) This is the first time that I have noticed a weather change in DCE though. Mission 3 was in a heavy storm- every single other DCE mission I have played have been sunny. Has there been a tweak to how weather is handled?

I do believe weather has been tweaked, but I'm not the one responsible for it. PB0_CEF would probably know better than me.

I have the feeling my campaign is bugged, since I haven't been able to trigger missions that aren't CAP. Once my life is less hectic I'll try and figure out if I'm right or not, and release a V.2 with fixes if necessary. I'll try to implement intercepts too.

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

I do believe weather has been tweaked, but I'm not the one responsible for it. PB0_CEF would probably know better than me.

I have the feeling my campaign is bugged, since I haven't been able to trigger missions that aren't CAP. Once my life is less hectic I'll try and figure out if I'm right or not, and release a V.2 with fixes if necessary. I'll try to implement intercepts too.

Weather is in the camp_init.lua here :

weather = { --campaign weather

pHigh = 80, --probability of high pressure weather system

pLow = 20, --probability of low pressure weather system

refTemp = 38,

high pressures : good weather

Low pressures : bad weather :thumbup:

For Intercept wait a little my friend Miguel made it work but I don't have time enough to release it now :(

This week end may be

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

And if you want to avoid CAP missions look at oob_air_init.lua file in the Init folder

Search FA-18C squadron and change

["CAP"] = true,

by

["CAP"] = false,

Same for all other missions ...

Be careful that corresponding load out exists for some missions before writing :["Strike"] = true, for example or it will not work :music_whistling:

it's in the db_loadouts.lua file

And use special programs like Notepad++ to modify lua files

To put more liveries to one squadron look at the Mirage 2000C liveries in oob_air_init.lua ;)

So me and my buddy got a problem with Hornet over Caucasus CVN campaign. The Tomcats just keep on destroying themselves on mission start or landing.

Posting the screenshot and mission file.

My buddy landed on the boat and slammed into a pile up, which was funny but probably shouldn't happen.

Id say move some of the Tomcats to airfields. Ai doesn't like boat operations.

Screen_190329_002150.thumb.png.52bab713f33f0554b3fd4410d3fccf65.png

Hornet over Caucasus-CVN_ongoing.miz

PBO_CEF,

I had a Strike mission in the f14. Had to attack an EWR station. The problem was I had to attack it with dumb bombs before sun up. How can I set it that strike missions are daylight only.

Further issue was that it was impossible to hit ToT. Take off time was 05:05 with ToT 05:25ish. Flight distance some 100 miles. the startup of the tomcat takes 10 minutes or so. No way to make it.

Thanks,

RedyeStorm

Two questions regarding Tomcat over Persiwn Gulf:

1) First mission: How can you be on time to depart (0759) when the mission starts cold & dark at 0751? Ready in 8 minutes? No way...

2) When I exit the first mission, I get this:

https://ibb.co/QFwXpKh

For reference:

https://ibb.co/hczsM7y

https://ibb.co/0Yfxgqx

https://ibb.co/V9xPHvN

Edited by TheSauvaaage

1) First mission: How can you be on time to depart (0759) when the mission starts cold & dark at 0751? Ready in 8 minutes? No way...

For reference:

I have the same problem with the errors at mission end. Also after the first F-14 Mission success, I get spawned into an FA-18 (instead of an F-14) in the second mission. Is that intended?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

For reference:

1) You should change for this line in the camp_init.lua file in Init folder :

startup_time_player = 1800,

2)In Mission Scripting file it misses -- before 2 lines :

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment

--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions.

--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.

--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)

_G[name] = nil

package.loaded[name] = nil

end

do

-- sanitizeModule('os')

-- sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

AND DON'T FORGET TO RESTART THE CAMPAIGN with FirstMission.bat file :thumbup:

Edited by PB0_CEF

PBO_CEF,

I had a Strike mission in the f14. Had to attack an EWR station. The problem was I had to attack it with dumb bombs before sun up. How can I set it that strike missions are daylight only.

Further issue was that it was impossible to hit ToT. Take off time was 05:05 with ToT 05:25ish. Flight distance some 100 miles. the startup of the tomcat takes 10 minutes or so. No way to make it.

Thanks,

RedyeStorm

For the last question see my answer before this post :thumbup:

If you want dumb bombs missions only in clear weather and daylight go to the db_loadouts.lua file in the Init folder and look at the strike loadouts for Tomcat and change :

day = true,

night = true,

adverseWeather = true,

to

day = true,

night = false,

adverseWeather = false,

AND DON'T FORGET TO RESTART THE CAMPAIGN with FirstMission.bat file :music_whistling:

1) You should change for this line in the camp_init.lua file in Init folder :

startup_time_player = 1800,

[...]

AND DON'T FORGET TO RESTART THE CAMPAIGN with FirstMission.bat file :thumbup:

1) What does 1800 represent? Time before departue, Zulu time,...?

Just to understand the number entry better

2) FirstMission.bat? How do I restart it like this?

Thanks for your great help!

Edited by TheSauvaaage

1) What does 1800 represent? Time before departue, Zulu time,...?

Just to understand the number entry better

2) FirstMission.bat? How do I restart it like this?

Thanks for your great help!

1) 1800 is the time in seconds before the take off time defined for the mission so you will have 30 minutes to start your aircraft before take off time. If you think it's too much change it for less seconds ... I often use this time to Refuel to the tanker before beginning the mission itself. :thumbup:

2) With this file you will reinitiate the campaign with a new number 1 mission...

You will have to restart a new campaign with DCS (campaign must not be active to play the first new mission)

Edited by PB0_CEF

1) 1800 is the time in seconds before the take off time defined for the mission so you will have 30 minutes to start your aircraft before take off time. If you think it's too much change it for less seconds ... I often use this time to Refuel to the tanker before beginning the mission itself. :thumbup:

2) With this file you will reinitiate the campaign with a new number 1 mission...

You will have to restart a new campaign with DCS (campaign must not be active to play the first new mission)

1) nice! Makes sense ;)

2) Sorry I don't quite get it... Do I simply restart the campaign from within DCS or do I have to create/change/install the .bat file?

Basically: where is that file and what do I do with it? :doh::D

I have the same problem with the errors at mission end. Also after the first F-14 Mission success, I get spawned into an FA-18 (instead of an F-14) in the second mission. Is that intended?

If you didn't have the doslike window asking you if you want to accept or not the mission and generate the second one it's normal that you spawn with F-18. This campaign was generated first for FA-18 and DCE must generate a new mission after the first one to adapt it with new elements (F-14)

When you will have the first bug solved then you will generate a second mission with the good elements in. (same for all the other missions)

Please read the reame file loaded with the campaign, it will be clearer for you :thumbup:

I think the best explications are in the readme file you have loaded with the campaign :thumbup:

I did, but it doesnt make me smarter

But Im not at home currently so I cant check if it explains how to restart with the .bat file

All other instructions are perfectly clear

But Im not at home currently so I cant check if it explains how to restart with the .bat file

Here is it : :)

This campaign is fully playable from within the DCS GUI with no further user action required. It however offers two additional functions through BAT files located in the folder “DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Tomcat over PG”.

1. FirstMission.bat: In order to integrate this dynamic campaign with the DCS GUI, the first campaign mission has to be static. This means that each time you start a new campaign, the first mission will always be the same. If you would like to change the first mission to something new, use this BAT file to generate a different one. This BAT file will also reset any campaign progress you may have back to zero.

2. SkipMission.bat: If you are unhappy with the current (not first) campaign mission, use this BAT file to skip it and generate a new one.

@PBO_CEF

I think @TheSauvaaage is asking how to actually run the .bat files.

I only worked this out today myself. This is what I did:

1: Open a CMD line (or Powershell in W10) in the above mentioned directory were the campaign resides.

2: Type firstmission.bat to run the file to change the mission (type ./firstmission.bat if using powershell).

3: Go back into DCS and restart the campaign.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

@PBO_CEF

1: Open a CMD line (or Powershell in W10) in the above mentioned directory were the campaign resides.

2: Type firstmission.bat to run the file to change the mission (type ./firstmission.bat if using powershell).

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Well it's easier for me : I double click on the file FirstMission.bat and then in the dos window I select the number of human player (1) and hit return. DCE tries to generate a new first mission and when it's done you just have to hit return again and close the dos window.

@PBO_CEF

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Haha, thanks mate! That's what I wanted to know ;)

So, I need to run the .bat because of the changed startup time?

Because otherwise the first would be fixed otherwise and that includes the short startup before departure?

Well it's easier for me : I double click on the file FirstMission.bat and then in the dos window I select the number of human player (1) and hit return. DCE tries to generate a new first mission and when it's done you just have to hit return again and close the dos window.
Ok, I tried that before and it didn't seem to work as no DOS window showed up. I'll try it again, but yes, it will be definitely be easier.

Many thanks

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Haha, thanks mate! That's what I wanted to know ;)

So, I need to run the .bat because of the changed startup time?

Because otherwise the first would be fixed otherwise and that includes the short startup before departure?

No probs mate. As PBO@CEF posted above, try double clicking the .bat file first.

Hi guys. I have one question about Tomcat over Persian Gulf by HISOTHIRO. Done 9 missions, and there are only CAP tasks. Is there other types of missions in this campaign?

ps It is my first experience in dce campaigns. With released f18 and f14 and dce campaigns, for me started second life in dcs world, after 2 years of break.

студент мечтающий о небе