Su35 and AMRAAMSKI in Syria

Frostie

Sarcasm on

20 years ago they didn't have even one :D

Now 1 pylon.

That's outstanding progress :)

Sarcasm off

Russians want to test what they've developed. I've heard more Pancir SAM systems came to Syria too. It is interesting what more would they send there.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Well, I'm glad for all those guys that for over ten years on this forums have talk about that missile. You get to finally see one loaded on a aircraft in a combat situation.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It may be rvv-sd LRIP, who knows.

It has to be, although IIRC that's the export designation; the Russian one is R77-1.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

This "product" 170-1 otherwise: RVV-SD - modification, presented in 2009 increased to 110 km launch range, the test is complete in 2013

Edited by AlexHunter

Открылась бездна звезд полна;

Звездам числа нет, бездне дна. (М. В. Ломоносов)

Logically it is R-77-1 as R-77 (RVV-AE as known in export designation) was never in service in RuAF. However visually it looks like R-77 and not R-77-1. But that might be due to lack of any good pictures i am left with that impression.

Logically it is R-77-1 as R-77 (RVV-AE as known in export designation) was never in service in RuAF. However visually it looks like R-77 and not R-77-1. But that might be due to lack of any good pictures i am left with that impression.

Why do you think it does not look like 77-1?

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

I imagine it could 'easily' be upgraded with a bigger rocket motor by miniaturizing electronics like AIM-120C5, so there would be no need to change the body.

Why do you think it does not look like 77-1?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I imagine it could 'easily' be upgraded with a bigger rocket motor by miniaturizing electronics like AIM-120C5, so there would be no need to change the body.

The RVV-SD is some 10 cm longer than the RVV-AE and weighs about 15 kg more.

The electronics, assuming that it involves the new 9B-1103M seeker in place of the old 9B-1348E, is some 6 kg lighter(10 kg. versus 16 kg. respectively).

Is there any reliable information regarding the RVV-SD?

Some - at least the basic specs as published by the manufacturer(Tactical Missiles Corporation JSC) at: http://eng.ktrv.ru/production_eng/323/503/567/

Length: 3,7 m versus 3,6 m(RVV-AE)

Weight: 190 kg versus 175 kg(RVV-AE)

Body diameter is the same(200 mm), while the dimensions for wing- and rudder span varies by a couple of mm - don't know if this signifies any change or if they are just rough numbers.

In regards to the sekerhead there is information available(from AGAT) for the new 9B-1103M.