EOS 1.2.7

Frostie

Hopefully all goes to plan and the EOS systems on Russian fighters gets a much needed work around.

Currently there is a fixed 4 degree scan zone, with the fixed gyro stabilization being removed does this now mean where ever the nose is pointed the EOS looks and will we see a 30/15 elevation on the HUD at all times, or is ED limiting the elevation on the horizon to +30/-15 while only seeing 4 degrees on the HUD meaning to view the full scan zone requires nose up and down?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+-15. +30-15 is track zone.

while only seeing 4 degrees on the HUD meaning to view the full scan zone requires nose up and down?

HUD represents the whole FOV. You don't see targets in real angles.

Edited by ФрогФут

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

I thought the announcement was fairly clear ...

The scan pattern uses the dimensions mentioned in the announcement,

Not gyro-stabilized, meaning to scan up/down you can point the nose up/down since gyro-stabilization would fix it to the horizon.

Currently there is a fixed 4 degree scan zone, with the fixed gyro stabilization being removed does this now mean where ever the nose is pointed the EOS looks and will we see a 30/15 elevation on the HUD at all times, or is ED limiting the elevation on the horizon to +30/-15 while only seeing 4 degrees on the HUD meaning to view the full scan zone requires nose up and down?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I thought the announcement was fairly clear ...

The scan pattern uses the dimensions mentioned in the announcement,

Not gyro-stabilized, meaning to scan up/down you can point the nose up/down since gyro-stabilization would fix it to the horizon.

I must be looking at a different announcement to you.

Corrected EOS scan volume and removed gyro-stabilization. The EOS in FC is based on the MiG-29 that does not include an elevation adjustment function.

There are no dimensions in the preliminary 1.2.7 announcement. I got the gyro part but i'm still in the dark on FOV for the HUD.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I forgot Wags didn't include dimensions. But at least this

Corrected EOS scan volume
should be a clue :)

Frogfoot is talking about representation I believe, just like your HuD represents 45 deg of the radar scan zone inside 20 degrees (or 30, I forget how wide the HUD is), so it does for whatever the EOS azimuth is, which I believe he says is +/- 15 deg, but that's a guess on my part.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It's still not crystal clear to me as well...Does the new EOS implementation mean it will scan automaticelly the +-15/+30-15 volume in relation to the nose? I can hardly imagine real pilots pulling negative G's or flying upside-down to use IRST for a look down...I must have missed something.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

The EOS has two scan pattern modes.

Wide and Narrow.

I assume they are talking about the narrow one.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

After seeing the IRST limitations against a flaring target, I have some doubts as to its look-down capabilities at range.

It's still not crystal clear to me as well...Does the new EOS implementation mean it will scan automaticelly the +-15/+30-15 volume in relation to the nose? I can hardly imagine real pilots pulling negative G's or flying upside-down to use IRST for a look down...I must have missed something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EOS can't see what's blocked by the aircraft nose, so if you want to track aircraft with EOS as it goes down bellow your nose, you must roll to go inverted or you will lose EOS lock.

Silly question but.. Is IRST actually modelled for inverted flight? I guess it's possible if it's no longer gyro stabilised?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

EOS obviously scans the volume (+-30 horizontalyy, +-15 vertically) automatically. Either it won't be t the scan volume.

Why only search +/- 15 when it can track +30/-15?

Higher scan rate, less chance to miss the target.

The EOS has two scan pattern modes.

Wide and Narrow.

I assume they are talking about the narrow one.

It has only one.

• Like 1

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

EOS obviously scans the volume (+-30 horizontalyy, +-15 vertically) automatically. Either it won't be t the scan volume.

Higher scan rate, less chance to miss the target.

It has only one.

Thanks. So if I understand you correctly the "scan zone" is 60 degrees horizontally and 30 degrees vertically...slewable left and right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Thanks. So if I understand you correctly the "scan zone" is 60 degrees horizontally and 30 degrees vertically...slewable left and right?

In sim - yes.

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

And do you have plans to model Su27 modes?

Personally - no:)

Others - I don't know.

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

This is a downgrade for the 27. Why?

We don't model many effects, that would be real downgrade. And this is just different logic of operation with the EOS. At current stage it was possible to make only one logic and it was MiG-style.

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

We don't model many effects, that would be real downgrade. And this is just different logic of operation with the EOS. At current stage it was possible to make only one logic and it was MiG-style.

Ok. Well it still seems better than what we have modeled now:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

My fault talking about EOS scan modes. From the Mig-29A Manual the EOS has a 60º horizontal scan and 30º vertical scan in search mode and a 60º horizontal and 60º vertical in lock mode.

So two operational modes , scan and lock with one larger and other smaller. When i came back to my house i will paste here some HUD figures from the manual.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

EOS SCAN MODE, Narrow FOV + - 30º Azimut / + - 15º Elevation

7a1AVT2.jpg

EOS LOCK MODE, WIDE FOV + - 30º Azimut / + - 30º Elevation.

jfSvSSC.jpg

Also de Target Designation Box is 6º x 4º, different from the Target Designator Box in Radar mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]