Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

Teeter

Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

• Yes, I would (please reply to this thread to explain why)
    • No, I wouldn't (please reply to this thread to explain why)

Actually this plane would be nice in a Falklands scenario. Yey!

Sort of, you'd need some actual other aircraft for that, like the OLDER sea harrier that was in use at the time not the AV8B. Then you'd need mirage III's (hey I'm interested there), and A4P's (I guess there is a A4 module, not sure how appropriate it is). You'd also need a new carrier. So basically you'd need a whole new plane set anyway. But I'd totally be interested.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No. DCS had Enough ground-attack types. Need Gen 4 fighters.

F-16C/D Block 52

Upgrade Mig-29 from FC3 to DCS to have Full cockpit, radar, and other systems. Possibly SMT.

Grippen (original not NG).

I sort of agree, but mainly I'd like to see some Gen4 redfor. Mig29 and 27 would be the highest on my wishlist. I like the F16, but I can fly it in BMS for now. And really I'd be interested in the earlier F16A more than the later block C's.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

YES! I would basically buy any COIN aircraft and am sure that the ALMIGHTY Pucará would be a really nice addition to the Falkland Scenario, and I think it is a must have aircraft even if only as AI. BUT I think it´s sales would be kind of jeopardized by the A-29 (I guess something similar happens to the jet trainers L-39 / C-101 / Hawk T1), since the Tucano can do much more and found greater military sucess in the airforces around the globe.

I don´t get the point discussing which aircraft would one prefer rather than the ALMIGHTY ONE.

• 2 weeks later...

Pucara would be an instant buy for me and such a great asset for the South Atlantic map

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

"Some action" is a little understated. They actually saw quite a lot of action as close air support aircraft and helicopter hunters.

1 empty shed and one Scout helicopter destroyed - the second action resulted in the total loss of one of the pair of Pucaras involved as well (it flew into a mountain). Does that qualify as understated when saying "a little action"?

I can't see why this would take priority over something like an A-6 or Bronco as the next big thing in DCS World - not that the project is proceeding anyway. But of all the world's combat aircraft that could be modeled, one that has never been in a proper war, only an undeclared "conflict" that was over very quickly - albeit with a lot of casualties - is rather strange to suggest the Pucara given what else is out there.

1 empty shed and one Scout helicopter destroyed - the second action resulted in the total loss of one of the pair of Pucaras involved as well (it flew into a mountain). Does that qualify as understated when saying "a little action"?

I can't see why this would take priority over something like an A-6 or Bronco as the next big thing in DCS World - not that the project is proceeding anyway. But of all the world's combat aircraft that could be modeled, one that has never been in a proper war, only an undeclared "conflict" that was over very quickly - albeit with a lot of casualties - is rather strange to suggest the Pucara given what else is out there.

Pardon, but what conflicts did the AT-6 serve in so far? And while the Bronco has seen war, it was a FAC aircraft, but not a full grown COIN aircraft like the Pucara. Could it be your British view on Argentinian things that blinds you a little bit here? No offence intended!

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I vote yes, with Kiowa Warrior inbound, Super Tucano, (Possible) OV-10 Bronco, and ED's own stated intention to add Technicals as assets, COIN operations will add new depth to scenarios in DCS that aren't "Massive 'First World Near-Peer' War" scenarios.

I vote yes, with Kiowa Warrior inbound, Super Tucano, (Possible) OV-10 Bronco, and ED's own stated intention to add Technicals as assets, COIN operations will add new depth to scenarios in DCS that aren't "Massive 'First World Near-Peer' War" scenarios.

I mean lets be real, DCS is nowhere near being able to simulate Massive First world Near-Peer scenarios. Its already much close to a permissive or lightly contested air enviroment kinda thing right now, especially asset wise.

Personally I'm waiting for DCS predator edition... I might even get out of VR for that one :lol:

im curious what the results of this poll would be today in light of falklands map coming? seems this poll was run quite awhile ago. looks like an interesting/unusual plane that could be fun to fly, even if it did have a limited number of operators. i mean, if the CE2 can find a niche in DCS, i dont see why this couldnt

id vote yes, if the poll was still open. which its not. so i wont.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

im curious what the results of this poll would be today in light of falklands map coming? seems this poll was run quite awhile ago. looks like an interesting/unusual plane that could be fun to fly, even if it did have a limited number of operators. i mean, if the CE2 can find a niche in DCS, i dont see why this couldnt

id vote yes, if the poll was still open. which its not. so i wont.

Yea, I voted no because I didn't know about the Falklands map being developed at the time. I did a quick goodgle and said "It's uglier than an A-10! Just make a Bronco, no thanks!" But I've changed my mind and would vote for it now.

And while the Bronco has seen war, it was a FAC aircraft, but not a full grown COIN aircraft like the Pucara.

While that was it's stated peacetime role, from what I gather abt it's Vietnam service, it did more than only FAC. I believe it did sometimes do CAS. Also, the night variant, the D model, did CAS / Interdiction at night, with FLIR and a 20mm gatling on an underside turret. I've also seen Bronco's delivering small teams by parachuting out the back, be they sniper teams, FAC ground teams, or special forces.

No Please not! Totally unnecessary.

that's very much a subjective point of view. perhaps there's people out there who like to go low&slow and do CAS or COIN operations. some people like unusual or (dare i say it) ugly ducklings.

i may be taking a wild guess, but it would stand to reason that less-complicated aircraft would lead to a somewhat truncated development cycle- it would seem with fewer systems to model, it could possibly be rolled out quicker.

of course, there's nothing wrong with saying the aircraft isn't for you- that answer is as valid as any and this wasn't a poll of "only yesses apply" , but the assessment that the aircraft is "totally unnecessary" is perhaps a bit off-base. there is applicability for it in the coming map (and a map without appropriate planes is as bad as planes without an appropriate map- im looking at you f-86, mig-15 & -19) and just because its not your cup of tea doesn't mean there's no room for it in someone else's virtual hangar

personally , id like to see it, especially in light of the new map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

No, because saving money for A-10C upgrade and it will probably not do so good online outside a very specific themed server.

Also, why is a Heatblur programmer asking about some potential RAZBAM module?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

No, because saving money for A-10C upgrade and it will probably not do so good online outside a very specific themed server.

Also, why is a Heatblur programmer asking about some potential RAZBAM module?

I'm more interested in getting a Pucara than buying an A-10C upgrade, as I hardly ever use the A-10C I have anyway :P. It would also be interesting to include with their upcoming Falklands map. Though admittedly I don't see it selling crazy well, and I'd only get it in on sale myself probably. I like oddball aircraft like these, but that doesn't mean I think 80 or even 60 $ is something I'd pay for this one.

As for the latter part of your question, you may have realized that the original post was from April 2016, almost 4 years ago now, so probably Teether was more a Razbam dev than a Heatblur one back then :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Ah that explains it then. Sorry for my ignorance.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Or maybe like mentioned above, this thread is from 2016 and you should not take it like recent news and let it die.

+1

I'm starting to think they ignore us :(

Razbam have made very clear that they aim to complete the Harrier and M2K in 2020.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm