F/A-18C Arab Spring Campaign

10 missions of A-A, A-G and a Harpoon sortie too. Lots of custom made voice overs and trigger points, so stick to the Nav Waypoints as precisely as possible. Airboss script used throughout the campaign for added realism.

As always, constructive comments and suggests appreciated. :pilotfly:

Frustrated with Iran's constant saber rattling, Syria and Iraq have formed an unprecedented Alliance and moved on western Iran. World leaders have watched on with amazement, as the Arab Alliance has slowly taken territory in Western Iran, despite the Ayatollah putting all the Iranian Military into stopping the push.

The Arab Alliance has now taken land as far east as Bakhtegan Lake, East of Shiraz Airfield (which is also in the hands of the Alliance). The Iranian Leadership has swallowed it's pride and reached out to Western Governments, in the hope that with "The Great Satan" helping them out, this Alliance can be pushed back into Iraq.

With Shiraz Airfield firmly under Alliance control, they are pounding Iranian ground forces, with daily air attacks. Syrian and Iraqi SU24s, are bombing troops, driving them back despite Iranian air support. Arab Alliance CAP's have taken out a large percentage of Iranian fighters, forcing the Ayatollahs hand into pleading for help.

The John C Stennis CBG has been diverted in the Arabian Gulf, as the first of Western Support forces. The Iranian Leadership has put restrictions on where Western forces can transit and operate over their territory. As such, you are to be mindful of ingress and egress routes, so as not to upset the host nation.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307739/

1023680190_CAMPAIGNCOVER.png.c939dcabea9d118748fdfab72d59ac70.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your work. Looking forward to flying it.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Thanks Florence! :thumbup:

Will give it a go as soon as social life let's me

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Florence,

How are you doing?

I got the DX11 Renderer - error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

I tried to skip mission 5 to fly mission 6 and got this error.

Is there a way to disable the military aircraft mod? I read above to edit mission 5, but how can I edit it without the mod installed?

The previous version was much better, now I am stuck in mission 5.

I really don't want to install this mod which is not even JSGME friendly.

Anyway, I like up to the point I flew, but the need of so many mods ruined the experience.

I hope next version gets rid of it.

All the best.

Sydy

Hi Florence,

How are you doing?

I got the DX11 Renderer - error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

I tried to skip mission 5 to fly mission 6 and got this error.

Is there a way to disable the military aircraft mod? I read above to edit mission 5, but how can I edit it without the mod installed?

The previous version was much better, now I am stuck in mission 5.

I really don't want to install this mod which is not even JSGME friendly.

Anyway, I like up to the point I flew, but the need of so many mods ruined the experience.

I hope next version gets rid of it.

All the best.

Sydy

Hi Sydy

So you should be able to open all missions in the ME and select the aircraft/planes tab on the assets page. Look down the right hand columns for "MOD" and change anything with Military Aircraft Mod to a normal jet (P-3 to S-3 etc)

As for the error, i think this is 2.5.6 related. Getting a lot of feedback on this from both F/A-18C and F-16C versions. They all worked prior to the "upgrade" DCS rolled out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi! Thanks for an awesome campaign! Tried the air to air tanker but the only one that was available was the shell one... With a hn was It KC 135 That the tanker is called? Its the one you cant use with the FA18... Am I doing something wrong? =)

Also the stennis tcn doesnt seem to be correct 74X is never found...

Thanks for the help!

I installed the non mod one, that was juat downloaded yesterday

Hi! Thanks for an awesome campaign! Tried the air to air tanker but the only one that was available was the shell one... With a hn was It KC 135 That the tanker is called? Its the one you cant use with the FA18... Am I doing something wrong? =)

Also the stennis tcn doesnt seem to be correct 74X is never found...

Thanks for the help!

I installed the non mod one, that was juat downloaded yesterday

There should be 2 tankers around. A KC-130 and a KC-135

The TACAN is set by the MOOSE script with Airboss. Are you running DCS 2.5.6?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

thank you for the campaign and all the work you've done.:thumbup:

I noticed two isues:

- With the MODS, the first mission is assigned to the F-16, not the F/A-18.

- With the NO MODS, the first mission is with the F/A-18 but the skin is Syrian.

thank you for the campaign and all the work you've done.:thumbup:

I noticed two isues:

- With the MODS, the first mission is assigned to the F-16, not the F/A-18.

- With the NO MODS, the first mission is with the F/A-18 but the skin is Syrian.

Thanks for the feedback. No idea how the F-16 got swapped in Mission 1, nor the Syrian skins for F/A-18C????

I'll take a look and update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

carrier bug?

I am enjoying the missions but I seem to keep getting the audio brief and then when I take off it says my flight is delayed, please wait. I came back to land at the end and I was cleared to land but all the hornets were still on all 4 cats. Am I missing something? I don't get the delayed flight unless I am taking off or I lower the JBD and then it's just me sitting there. Any help would be great. Great to fly the missions once I am airborne.

I am enjoying the missions but I seem to keep getting the audio brief and then when I take off it says my flight is delayed, please wait. I came back to land at the end and I was cleared to land but all the hornets were still on all 4 cats. Am I missing something? I don't get the delayed flight unless I am taking off or I lower the JBD and then it's just me sitting there. Any help would be great. Great to fly the missions once I am airborne.

This happened to me on the second mission. None of the other Hornets took off.

I just finished mission. Still have a long journey back but they haven’t left the deck. Is there a bug? Did you have any problem past mission 2? Was I suppose to just wait for AirPods to continue even though I waited for quite some time and nothing happened besides one taxied into my place and launched and one started to leave the six pack but then stopped and none of the other 18’s took off

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished mission. Still have a long journey back but they haven’t left the deck. Is there a bug? Did you have any problem past mission 2? Was I suppose to just wait for AirPods to continue even though I waited for quite some time and nothing happened besides one taxied into my place and launched and one started to leave the six pack but then stopped and none of the other 18’s took off

Seems like a bug. I'll try updating the MOOSE code and re-release to see if that sorts it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]