Skinners: Let's pool our efforts

Home Fries

SAOEU Jet

Hi all,

Some great skins!

Unfortunately skins do not seem to be my forte so I was hoping that maybe someone

would do the 1999 SAOEU jet ZG501?

One of the old workhorses so would be good to see it again. :pilotfly:

Many thanks

BP

Intel i7-8086K, 32Gb DDR4, RTX2080 with VR

Is anyone having trouble getting skins to work with multiple countries? I downloaded a Spanish skin from the DCS website, and wanted to add it to the USA list of liveries. In the description.lua I did this:

countries = {"SPN", "USA"}

But trying to change to this livery in either the ME or ModelViewer doesn't work. It just stays the same livery as what I last selected.

Is anyone having trouble getting skins to work with multiple countries? I downloaded a Spanish skin from the DCS website, and wanted to add it to the USA list of liveries. In the description.lua I did this:

But trying to change to this livery in either the ME or ModelViewer doesn't work. It just stays the same livery as what I last selected.

Exactly the same problem here. With the same skin and trying to use with USA.

best way to get them to work is to remove the Country line completely , then you can use the skin for all countries

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I tried that the other day without positive result :(

What mithandra suggests will make it so that a skin will show up for any country that can fly the AV-8B. What it won't do is make the AV-8B flyable by any country (that's in the db_countries.lua).

It doesn't seem like the country line works at all. If you place a Harrier belonging to Spain, you will still access all USA liveries despite SPN not being listed in the default livery description.lua files.

Also, does anyone have mipmap fixes for any of the US liveries?

What mithandra suggests will make it so that a skin will show up for any country that can fly the AV-8B. What it won't do is make the AV-8B flyable by any country (that's in the db_countries.lua).

Yes, I know what he means, but even when the skin is listed in the skin list for USA in the mission editor you can't choose it.. I mean, you can choose it, but in both preview window and ingame you get the default skin for USA.

Yes, I know what he means, but even when the skin is listed in the skin list for USA in the mission editor you can't choose it.. I mean, you can choose it, but in both preview window and ingame you get the default skin for USA.

That normally indicates a problem with the format of the description.lua, such as a missing comma, quote or bracket.

I want to try some of these out.

What's the correct AC name to create under Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\<???????????>

I tried AV8BNA as the folder name but putting skins in that isn't recognized.

ETA - it's working. I was selecting a country the skins weren't available in.

Odd, I'm having the same problem. I copied the name that you used for the folder, put it in the right place with my other skin folders and they don't show up! I'm trying to use this one desert fictional squadron skin in NTTR and am using USA as the country. I've tried deleting the country line in the description.lua but that made no difference. Tried to use another skin, just in case there was something amiss with this one, and have the same problem. Stumped on this one atm...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Is anyone working on a Falklands war style Harrier skin? I can't find anything here, and I realise it's a different model, but if no one is doing one I might have a go myself.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

I sort of did... https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3053236/

I know I can do better, it's just finding time to do them...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Ah yes, I saw those they are nice. I suppose I have this memory of gritty grey sky footage of the Falklands war, yours look really nice and clean, which is probably more accurate. I'll download those and add them to the game. Cheers.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Hi Joey, I downloaded your skin pack, the original designs you have done look absolutely perfect in terms of colour. I saw a youtube video that used your skins and it looked a little different, as if the grey comes out a bit light and the green has a bit of a blue cast. Do you find that colours can get altered from your original design a little once they are in the game engine? I've done a few skins for racing games and one or two for X-Plane, but I haven't done anything for DCS. What's your opinion?

GUN POD & FUEL TANK PSD V2 (improved dirt level

I have made a psd for the gun pod and fuel tanks. again i hope the official one is released soon but this my be of use to someone like my hardpoint and pylon psd's

Added dirt

Change Rivet colors

Change Gun pod color

Change fuel tank color

attachment.php?attachmentid=174922&d=1514236198

attachment.php?attachmentid=174923&d=1514236198

attachment.php?attachmentid=174925&d=1514236209

attachment.php?attachmentid=174926&d=1514236209

attachment.php?attachmentid=174927&d=1514236209

Download the Psd here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3079829/

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 4 weeks later...

That awkward moment that I've spent 2 hours doing markings on my skin, then I realize this thread was here with all of them I need... >:D

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective