The Harrier official campaign thread

baltic_dragon

The Harrier official campaign thread  

686 members have voted

1. 1. The Harrier official campaign thread

• Both training and campaign in Caucasus
    • Training in Nevada and campaign in Caucasus
    • Both training and campaign in Nevada (so another Red Flag)

Happy to say that the groundwork for the upcoming first, free part of "Ottoman Courier" campaign for the AV-8B Harrier has been all done: all 5 missions are built, I am waiting for final voiceovers and moving to briefings and documentation.

This means that testing can begin shortly and if all goes well, the campaign will be released in May.

Some staticstics: 5 missions (most include takeoff and recovery onboard Tarawa), around 850 custom voiceovers, 20 voice actors plus custom kneeboards, FRAGOs, spins, maps.. you know the drill.

More info here: https://www.baltic-dragon.net/news

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to say that the groundwork for the upcoming first, free part of "Ottoman Courier" campaign for the AV-8B Harrier has been all done: all 5 missions are built, I am waiting for final voiceovers and moving to briefings and documentation.

This means that testing can begin shortly and if all goes well, the campaign will be released in May.

Some staticstics: 5 missions (most include takeoff and recovery onboard Tarawa), around 850 custom voiceovers, 20 voice actors plus custom kneeboards, FRAGOs, spins, maps.. you know the drill.

What great news, I am looking forward to playing this campaign. Thank you :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't vote because the option I want isn't available. I'm aching for PG campaigns. There is a frustratingly massive lack of "official" campaign content for all aircraft the PG map, but of highest interest to me is the Harrier and A-10C. I'm about to install the DCE mod for the Harrier PG campaign, which isn't much of a problem personally, but I empathise with the frustrations of others for the lack of "official" content, especially since the PG map is finished, and the A-10C is long-ago finished.

While I personally don't have a problem with installing DCE, there is ZERO pre-made A-10C PG content even there. Why are "official" campaign creators ignoring that map? It just baffles me.

Anyway, I've done my venting. Onward with the discussion.

I'd like to see more PG campaigns as well. Lots of potential there for many types of missions involving many of the different modules we have.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 3 months later...

Hi Wojciech, regarding the Ottoman Courier... I checked your website regarding this. It mentions release 2Q 2020. Please would you provide an updated ETA? (I imagine that you have been rather busy putting finishing touches on the Raven One story / campaign, so that is fine. Just asking for a general idea on release of the AV-8B missions.)

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Too bad PG wasn't a choice. Would be nice to have a campaign there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE