Insurgents group wont move

I have a group of 25 insurgents i want to follow way-points across the city of Raqqa, the group spawns at mission start but the lead wont move, the others catch up with lead then stop with lead ? No triggers involved, they just spawn at mission should start and walk about.

I have tried to force lead to a way-point both on and off road but he wont move.

Created another group of insurgents elsewhere on the map with the same results.

Any ideas ?

Intel® i9 9900K Coffee Lake OC 5.1GHz, ASUS ROG Maximum Formula LGA1151 MB, Windows 10® 64bit Pro, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, EVGA Black Edition 2080Ti OC GPU, 2 x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe 1TB Drives, 1 x Samsung Evo 860 2TB SSD, 1 x Seagate 2TB HDD, 1 x Acer™ Predator 35" 4K Wide Flat Monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Oculus Rift S

its generally recommended to create infantry groups of at most 5 soldiers. otherwise the ai will try to maintain the formation and theyll keep getting stuck all the time or running in circles.

Thanks mate, will try that and see what happens.

Intel® i9 9900K Coffee Lake OC 5.1GHz, ASUS ROG Maximum Formula LGA1151 MB, Windows 10® 64bit Pro, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, EVGA Black Edition 2080Ti OC GPU, 2 x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe 1TB Drives, 1 x Samsung Evo 860 2TB SSD, 1 x Seagate 2TB HDD, 1 x Acer™ Predator 35" 4K Wide Flat Monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Oculus Rift S