Controls indicator

Dann91

Hey folks! I have just started to take a serious look into practising with the Huey. I know its early days and with practice I will get the feel for it. However, I was wondering if there is a mod out there with a dot positioned on the sweet spot, for the cyclic position whilst hovering. I would appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Forget that. There is no shortcut to hovering, just practice, practice, practice. Don't give up! It's incredibly satisfying and rewarding once you get the hang of it!

I second this, the only chance to get a feeling for the sweet spot is in fact to turn the indicator off, adjust the Cyclic as you think, and come into a hover. If the hover is stable, you nailed it if its not, adjust again. At some point, your muscles will memory ;).

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I second this, the only chance to get a feeling for the sweet spot is in fact to turn the indicator off, adjust the Cyclic as you think, and come into a hover. If the hover is stable, you nailed it if its not, adjust again. At some point, your muscles will memory ;).
And that's what makes flying the Huey very rewarding.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

just practice, practice, practice. Don't give up! It's incredibly satisfying and rewarding once you get the hang of it!

Yup:

figure_balancing_spinning_plates_anim_md_wm_v2.gif

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset