Medals.

Lee1

I think some tweaking of the Medal awarding system may be required.

I have just made 1LT on the A10c and have just over 15 hours on the sim and already I am up to being awarded the Medal of Honour. A little fast I think!

Maybe it can be tweaked in a future update?

Other than that, I love it.

All the best

"Streaky".

You've probably got more kills in those 15 hours than the Red Baron in his entire career. Hence the quick award of the medals. Fly more and destroy less - that could help. :smartass:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Medals are point based. If you shoot up lots of dummy tanks on a shooting range, racking up ''unrealistic'' numbers of kills, it will climb rapidly.

Rank is hours based, and only counts time in the air. It obviously progresses much more slowly.

Tldr: tis a game and both are very abstracted/gamey.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'd like to see the ranks start at the O-2 to O-3 level (or their warrant equivalents). It's the most minor of minor things, but nobody is out 'in the world' flying combat missions as an ensign or 2nd lieutenant. Most aviators don't hit the operational world until O-2 if they are very lucky and cycled through the training pipeline pretty fast, but more likely they are an O-3. Ranks should start at O-3 and progress from there, racking up enough hours to eventually cap out at O-6, which in the USN/USAF are the rank held by wing commanders.

As for medals, you don't get stuff like the NAM or NCM for combat. Rather, you get stuff like air medals, DFC's, bronze stars, and so on. Maybe when you finish a campaign, you should get some sort of unit commendation. The NAM is something you get as an end-of-tour award, or for re-wiring your squadron's LAN when nobody else knew how to do it, or achieving 150% of the command's goal on the Navy relief fund drive, and so on. The medal system in most games seems to be jacked up, probably because most people don't actually know what the medals are typically given for.

• Like 1

100% agree with jmarsp. I mean, do Majors actually fly in combat at that rank? Probably NO! Also, seems you can only obtain one of each medal. That seems kinda goofy as well, they should stack...esp the Purple Heart!

Anyhow, F4 BMS probably has the best logbook in the sims I fly. DCS logbook needs a bottom to top revamp, with more precise data, and stacking medals. After all, to a pilot, virtual or real, combat or civilian, the logbook is important stuff!!

BTW: surprised there's no mod for better logbook. Is there inaccessible data in DCS to create a mod or some other issue?

Good day!

DrDetroit