HOTAS F18 profile control questoin

Moki

Hi all,

I saw this F18 profile used for my HOTAS throttle and stick, my question is on the joystick the lever, how do I make turn into mode 2 if I were do create something similar? If I am binding my own keys how do I create mode 2?

Thanks,

192942477_WARTHOGFA-18C.thumb.jpg.063376f7d5011a821bd0d43fad4ae3f7.jpg

Directly in game you can't do that.

You need either Target GUI (or Target Script if you're into programming a bit) if you use Thrustmaster or use a multiple brands keymapper like RSMapper or Joystick Gremlin. With all these you can add layers to every button.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

In DCS / Options / Controls / your favourite aircraft, on the botton left there is Modifier/Switch.

You can add a Modifier on the left side, and set it to a joystick button (pinkie paddle on the joystick for me); so it acts as a "shift", when it is hold pressed, all other bottons do other commands than the normal without it.

Instead if you want make more profiles, like one for A/A, one for A/G, one for NAV, you need add one or more switch on the right side. They acts as CapsLock, when it is activated, it changes all the assigned commands ar the buttons.

I use CapsLock and BlockScorr because they have 2 states: pressed and not pressed. You can use other switch on the base of throttle of the warthog, the have 2 states.

Sorry for my english...

Inviato dal mio SM-A530F utilizzando Tapatalk