Menu unclickable in VR if desktop resolution higher than 1080p

some1

Won't that stop us being able to connect to multiplayer servers? Being that most servers will be running the most up to date version?

Yes - it will cause you problems, although from what I've seen a few servers are rolling back too. - It was just a suggestion to sort the issue out as it seems for many people DCS is simply unplayable.

In answer to the follow on question:

No

Guys who has this issue

1. Do you use checked "SCALE GUI" box in DCS options?

2. What is your Pixel Density in DCS options?

Did some trouble shooting.

1. With SCALE GUI ticked or not ticked, the problem persists.

2. Pixel Density is set to 1.4

If I change the desktop resolution to 1920x1080, and I launch DCS in VR (Oculust Rift), then the mouse can click anywhere in the DCS window. If I launch at native screen desktop resolution of 3840x2160, then the bottom half of the DCS window is unclickable.

Here is a catch, if I set desktop resolution to 1920x1080, THEN launch DCS in VR, THEN, once DCS is launched, I change the desktop resolution BACK to 3840x2160 while keeping DCS running, then whole DCS window is still clickable. The key is that it has to be 1080 or less when DCS launches, and after launching it, you can change the resolution to higher. Obviously, the DCS window will be smaller since it was launched at a lower resolution.

Hopefully that helps.

Still the same issue after today's hotfix #3. VR unusable still.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

same here.

clickable only if desktop-resolution is @1920x1080.

not clickable if desktop-resolution is @3840x2160.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Strange thing is I didn't have this issue in 2.5.3 : desktop resolution is set at 2560x1440, which I have also set in-game. All menus are working for me.

*edit*

Multiplayer window and the "select role"-screen indeed have the problem of not being clickable. All others are fine.

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I thought this was fixed in one of the hot fixes? Joy...add my name to the growing list of grounded until a fix.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• ED Team

Please provide dcs.log and options.lua.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I have the exact same issue. Half screen not clickable on 3840x2160.

What the **** are you doing in developpment ? Don't you test your software at all ? That is unbelievable and unacceptable.

You should hire for better developpers and review your testing worklflow from scratch. You are very bad developpers.

• ED Team

Many thanks for your detailed and clear report.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I have the exact same issue. Half screen not clickable on 3840x2160.

What the **** are you doing in developpment ? Don't you test your software at all ? That is unbelievable and unacceptable.

You should hire for better developpers and review your testing worklflow from scratch. You are very bad developpers.

do you know that is called beta for a reason, right?

Beta is not a way to say they are excusable. Beta has nothing to do with the development methods used. Do not mix things up.

If you were a developer, you should know exactly what the software test means and how it should be implemented in the development workflow.

Edited by dora