CVW-8 Tomcats

KSilva

We are close to completing the F-14 Skins for CVW-8(DCS), Which we went to multiple VF-31 and VF-213 Tomcats for extensive research (in the 4 Years we have been waiting) With that being said, all the Hard work our Texture artist has put (He's put up to 50 hours so far in making all 22 skins), We thought it would be cool to share some screenshots to Community!

KHq1Pjv.jpg

oIxLnV8.jpg

8ZcRiis.jpg

MRZrB1b.jpg

H28q6kM.jpg

oEjfRIk.jpg

qqgASgs.jpg

XrZRqq3.jpg

GSzGO9c.jpg

F7M2nwe.jpg

dFtGN2j.jpg

IxnP8vC.png

fqVTYz6.png

IGUqRbC.jpg

Carrier Air Wing Eights - DCS Discord - https://discord.gg/pV2b5Ht

Download link: http://www.cvw-8.org/mods

Installation path:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\F14\Liveries\f-14b

These textures are produced By Carrier Air Wing Eight (DCS), and is intended for the use of CVW-8 (DCS).

Any unauthorized use of these skins are prohibited. Unauthorized use includes utilization of my work in part or full to complete another user's work.

Stencils, markings, logo's, or any other form of custom art that is not a part of the Distributed Template File are included as aspects of my work.

Edited by KSilva

Looks great! Especially the black coloring, being black is that hardest color to get right.

Ryzen 7 3800x - 32G DDR4 3400Mhz - RTX 2070 - M.2 1TB - Saitek x52 - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals - Oculus Rift - 2 lap cats

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17

On Hoggit they said they were considering sharing them because of so many requests, but the artist is concerned that people will steal/modify his work. They are apparently one of a kind stencils, and he has worked 50 hours on them.

Here's hoping they do release them. They look spectacular.

Edited by GrizzlyBear83

Would love to have him share his work!

Looks absolutely amazing! I was going to paint these once we get the paintkit. I'm short on time so I don't want to spend as many hours on painting, especially if therecare already liveries in outstanding quality been made! :)

On Hoggit they said they were considering sharing them because of so many requests, but the artist is concerned that people will steal/modify his work. They are apparently one of a kind stencils, and he has worked 50 hours on them.

Well.. People have been making and sharing skins forever. Will some people modify them eventually ? Yes

So what ?

They are indeed beatiful

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

After receiving an overwhelming amount of request to share then skins, we will be releasing them for the community to enjoy! They will bee in 4 Packs in the DCS User Files! So Keep an eye out!

Edited by KSilva

absolutely outstanding work! TIA for sharing!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

After receiving an overwhelming amount of request to share then skins, we will be releasing them for the community to enjoy! They will bee in 4 Packs in the DCS User Files! So Keep an eye out!

Thanks A LOT

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Thanks so much for sharing! The VF31 CAG is one of my favorite paint scheme both on the Tomcat and Hornet.

Any news on it?

In the Hoggit thread one CVW-8 guy wrote two days ago that the liveries had been uploaded to DCS user files. They guess ED must scan for viruses.

The files have not shown up yet.