Funny glitches or behavior after ejection

Worrazen

I couldn't find any thread despite searching, but I'm sure I saw a "funny things" thread once, well, I'll make this one only focusing after ejection, so the things what planes/vehicles do without a pilot. :pilotfly:

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It’s wing rocking from high alpha flight. One wing stalls and regains lift and then the other stalls

So just confirming, it's technically possible in real life too and not a glitch?

Good thing I put "or behavior" in the thread title.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It’s hard to show. It’s often taught to be counteracted, some air frames are worse than others as long as they have the elevator and power authority. You can see it a lot in RC planes doing the “harrier” maneuver but different Reynolds numbers obviously, but lots of videos. Experienced pilots will make constant adjusts in yaw to keep plane still. It’s just not very glamorous so people don’t show it off.

There’s aerodynamic papers on vortex shredding in deep stall conditions that are really enlightening and may help you understand. It honestly shows how well the PFM is done aerodynamical complexity wise, I can’t say anything about the real eagle.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg