Dual-Combiner HUD - Educate me

Opy

Since I try to get a real one working for my sim I learned a lot about the parts.. nit is nor that complicated, you just need the right screen for it. And this would be an CRT Solution. With LCD it might not work propper… but I will not give up :D

Got some papers and Information but most of them are wirtten in english and it is very hard to get them translated to german for example and still be able to understand what is written. Google-Translator fails completlty with such texts. :(

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

I'm a technical engineer, but the way a HUD works (projection to infinity, only straight view) is still a big mystery for me...
The principle is not so difficult, the projected image is going through a convex lens before reflecting on the HUD glass which will follow the eye focusing depending on the distance where the focus is done outside of the cockpit without needed extra adjustment for the eye.

Regarding the dual combiner glass I have no clue how it works but I have been told it is to enhance the quality of the "image", one compensating the other in some bad conditions and vice versa.