F-21 Fighter Aircraft

Eaglewings

I just saw this. This looks like the F-16 but the cockpit of the F-35.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Interesting video, especially the cockpit, but it seems that it won't work out:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/policy/govt-shelves-10-b-single-engine-fighter-jet-deal-to-push-for-tejas/article22859624.ece

Regardless what one may think of the Tejas compared to the Gripen or F-16, the IAF already has so many different aircraft that adding another one would make the logistical nightmare even worse...

MiG-21

MiG-27

MiG-29

HAL Tejas

Mirage 2000

Sukhoi Su-30

Dassault Rafale (near future)

SEPECAT Jaguar

Further away future: HAL/Su-57....

Edited by Zius

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Interesting video, especially the cockpit, but it seems that it won't work out:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/policy/govt-shelves-10-b-single-engine-fighter-jet-deal-to-push-for-tejas/article22859624.ece

Regardless what one may think of the Tejas compared to the Gripen or F-16, the IAF already has so many different aircraft that adding another one would make the logistical nightmare even worse...

MiG-21

MiG-27

MiG-29

HAL Tejas

Mirage 2000

Sukhoi Su-30

Dassault Rafale (near future)

SEPECAT Jaguar

Further away future: HAL/Su-57....

This is what crying in logistics sounds like.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

The tejas is the only aircraft India can employ without any restrictions due to being indigenous...well except the engine.

If anything they need to retire some of those aircraft in that list.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Mig 21 is mostly going to be phased out by 2020 iirc and in it's place would be the Tejas MKII LCA. Think the Rafale might be placed there too.

I don't know about the Jag and the 27.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Rafale is mightily more capable than the jag and the 27 in the AG arena.

My PC specs below:

The 21, 27, and Jag aren't long for their world. All three are on their way out, as I understand it, due to skyrocketing maintenance.

It holds true for the first two, but the Indians spent around $1.5 billion on upgrades for the Jaguars.

The IAF Jaguars consist of two upgrade blocks; DARIN 1 & 2. There are 120 aircraft in service, with half DARIN 2 spec and the other half DARIN 1. The DARIN one aircraft are intended to be upgraded to the DARIN 3 spec. No points for guessing that one. The DARIN 3 spec includes the Elta 2052 AESA radar set. Because, sure, why not?

For what purpose? I can't say.

Will it go proceed as intended? Same answer.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Rafale is mightily more capable than the jag and the 27 in the AG arena.

That's true but it's highly unlikely that 36 Rafales will be able to fully replace the full Mig 27 (44 aircraft) and Jag (91 aircraft) fleets.

The contract has more rafales as option, this is normal in all military sales. I wouldn't be surprise if the Indians activate that options, they often do.

My PC specs below:

Hmm I was under the impression the "F-21" designation was already used: by the IAI Kfir while it was loaned to the USN...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hmm I was under the impression the "F-21" designation was already used: by the IAI Kfir while it was loaned to the USN...

Well, the Indians don't have to respect that, do they? :pilotfly:

Maybe, but isn't the designation "F-21" US? I don't think the Indians call their jets that. Why couldn't we just call it F-24, or whatever's next?

:dunno:

Maybe, but isn't the designation "F-21" US? I don't think the Indians call their jets that. Why couldn't we just call it F-24, or whatever's next?

Probably something todo with numerology bs :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC