Wish List: BF109 Gunpods and rockets?

Xeon

Hello can anyone shed some light on this?

I was wondering why the K4 currently does not come with the 2x underwing 20mm gun pods or the 21cm rockets? The cockpit to my knowledge has the correct equipment already in it like the switch to turn on wing pylon guns. Also in the manual it references that the K4 can carry these payloads.

'underwing 20 mm Mauser MG 151/20 cannon gondola pods (R IV) or 21 cm (8

in) Wfr.Gr. 21 rockets, were also provided for.' Page 63 of the manual.

Is it in development for the K4? Any knowledge on what is happening would be much appreciated.

Would not count on this is as priority or it will be show up in the near Future, when you look the German Manaul the Wrf. Gr. 21 was removed from the K-4 Batch there is also no evidence the K4 was ever equipt with the 20 mm Gun Pods more like a Bonus Opition...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Many liters of virtual ink have been wasted on this subject and at least one thread has been closed because the discussion wasn't nice. I think that this is a very low (if any) priority for ED and for good reasons. There are far more critical issues to deals with.

In reality the Bf-109 was rarely operational with gun pods. These things caused terrible drag and made the Bf-109 an easy slow-moving target for the many allied fighters. When Bf-109 equipped with gun pods were delivered to a unit, the boys took them off first thing.

When the JU-87 Stukas were phased out, they were mostly replaced with FW-190 for the ground attack role.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
What about the mk151/20 instead of mk108? Would rather have the 20mm with some more ammo.

+1 and more muzzle velocity - 810 m/s instead of 500 m/s -ish would be really lovely. Don't actually need more Ammo but higher muzzle velocity is always a good thing :D

But i wouldn't count on that either

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

In reality the Bf-109 was rarely operational with gun pods. These things caused terrible drag and made the Bf-109 an easy slow-moving target for the many allied fighters. When Bf-109 equipped with gun pods were delivered to a unit, the boys took them off first thing.

When the JU-87 Stukas were phased out, they were mostly replaced with FW-190 for the ground attack role.

They agree but it would be better to have them as an option, as well as rocket launchers, because for example against the bombers they would be very useful. :thumbup:

Although I would never equip mine with them, I say bring them on!

Instead I if they were available, I would gladly use them against bomber formations.

Among other things in the cockpit there is already the appropriate selector, who knows if they will ever implement them ..

:thumbup:

Yup, and abuse them for some ground pounding:D

However it is better to have them than not to have them, then everyone decides whether to use the pods with cannons or not to use them.

Among other things, they are very useful for ground attack as well as for bomber formations. :thumbup:

Yes will be very helpful for killing B-17s that lose wings to 2 50 cal bullets anyway...:lol:

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

However it is better to have them than not to have them, then everyone decides whether to use the pods with cannons or not to use them.

Among other things, they are very useful for ground attack as well as for bomber formations. :thumbup:

Exactly :thumbup:

Yes will be very helpful for killing B-17s that lose wings to 2 50 cal bullets anyway...:lol:

More is more :lol: Anyway, i am certain that in the in the long haul the DM of the B-17G will be adjustet to realistic levels

Wags was pretty clear on their intention to continue the WWII branch

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Obviously the speech is related to the new model of damage that will come out, the current one is clear that it does not correspond to the real situation.:thumbup:

I believe the conclusion was that this was not the case in the K4 or only on a test basis. In any case it wasn’t well recorded. Best you can hope for in this regard is a G10.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I believe the conclusion was that this was not the case in the K4 or only on a test basis. In any case it wasn’t well recorded. Best you can hope for in this regard is a G10.

It is probable that it went so, obviously they did not consider the 20mm speech also valid for the K4.

Having a G6/G10 would be very interesting but I think we'll never see it ..

:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Yeah, no. K4 model was supposed to be able to use either rockets and gunpods following manuals. On the other hand there's no single evidence of they been used ever in the model. It's been said more than a couple of times yet, and they are not coming due to being unrealistic.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

They said it's not coming? Then why did 9L say, they're still planned?

Also, you should check out my link, last page. That one is APPARENTLY, read it carefully, a K4.

Yeah, I see. If Nineline said so maybe it happens at some point, buy it wasn't planned a time ago.

S!

P.S.: the pic is not a K4, not even close. No K4 had the G6 wing bulges. And whatever it is that's a prototype test, not operationally used :smilewink:.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice